Youth and Community Engagement Worker
- Contract Type
YOUTH AND COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT WORKER
Oasis Hub Hadley, North London
Part-Time, 28 hours per week (0.7FTE), 1 year Fixed Term Contract
Salary £23,801 per annum (inc London Allowance)
Oasis Community Hub Hadley encompasses a range of integrated and diverse community projects which together have a common aim to bring transformation to the whole person and the whole community.
We are seeking a motivated Youth and Community Engagement Worker to plan, lead and deliver activities and outreach sessions for young people and create opportunities for inter-generational relationship building. Through this, you will help bring about community empowerment and support the personal and social development of all participants.
You will be part of a large community hub team based in Ponders End and supported by the Hub Leader. The hub work is wide and varied and you may be asked to help with work to tackle local issues such as serious youth violence, food poverty and holiday hunger, and physical and mental wellbeing throughout the year.
Some of the key responsibilities within the role are:
- Support the planning, coordination and delivery of community empowerment programmes for all ages, as well as specific youth activities.
- Plan and lead specific activities with young people and reporting back on the impact and outcomes of your activities to assist with evaluation.
- Develop and monitor a timetable of community activities for the whole community.
- Support staff and volunteers to run support programmes.
You could be successful in this role if you:
- Have a recognised qualification in youth, community, early years or play work – minimum level 2 or qualification by experience, or relevant proven experience in project support in a community or education setting.
- Have the ability to build positive relationships with people, especially young people.
- Have experience of implementing youth and community empowerment programmes.
- Are self-motivated, with the ability to take initiative and organise your own time
This newly created role is challenging but very rewarding. We are looking for someone who is passionate about making a difference to young people’s lives.
If you are interested in being part of this life-changing service and want to know more, please contact the Oasis UK Recruitment Team on email@example.com or call 0207 921 4259. We actively encourage applications from people of all ethnic backgrounds and minority and underrepresented groups.
Closing date for completed applications is 9am Friday 25th September 2020.
Interviews will be held on the Thursday 1st October 2020 or Monday 5th October 2020
Oasis is committed to making a difference to the lives of the communities it works in, and as such you must show a willingness to demonstrate commitment to the values and behaviours which flow from the Oasis ethos.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We expect all staff to share this commitment and to undergo appropriate checks, including enhanced DBS checks.
Oasis supports Equal Opportunities. Registered Charity No. 1026487