Deputy Residential Manager
Deputy Residential Manager for a Children’s Home in Preston, Lancashire.
Salary range: depending upon experience £24,000.00 to £27,000.00 /year
Holywell Children’s Services ensures that each child is given an opportunity to reach their potential and we are outcome focussed. We want each child to be able to reflect on their time with Holywell Children’s Services as a positive experience. We help children who have learning disabilities and/or emotional behavioural difficulties and adopt a strong team approach to providing wraparound care and support. The home is currently OFSTED registered and supports looked after children up to 18 years old.
Main Purpose of the Job
To work with the manager in managing an OFSTED registered children’s home currently registered to accommodate up to three children and to take responsibility for delegated areas of management tasks supporting the Registered Manager.
- You will be responsible for operational day to day management of the home ensuring compliance with relevant legislation.
- Carrying out the relevant administrative work, reporting and scheduling.
- You will be supporting the children in their everyday activities within the Holywell Children’s Service.
- You will have to have experience of working with children/young people in a registered residential home.
- Working within the Guide to the Children's Homes Regulations including the quality standards (April 2015) and
- The 2015 No. 541: Children and Young Persons, England: The Children's Homes (England) Regulations 2015.
- Passionate, confident and good relationship management.
- Applicants must have NVQ 3 Diploma in Health and Social Care or above as well as a valid driving licence.
- If you are interested in this role and all of the benefits we have to offer, please do click Apply Now!
- Care Sector with children: 2 years (Required)
GCSE or equivalent (Required)
- To comply at all times with the company’s legal, contractual and regulatory requirements and responsibilities in relation to the above duties.
- To represent the company externally and to promote its work and values.
- To be aware of relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and legislation which are current and ensure that all establishments carry out duties accordingly.
- To carry out other duties reasonably requested by the Responsible Individual, which fall within the remit of the role and the capabilities of the post holder.
- Bonus scheme based on OFSTED rating
- Pension scheme
- Continuing Professional Development opportunities in Children’s Services Management Qualification
To apply for this position, please send your CV along with a cover letter via the form below.
Please ensure you download and read the job description attached.