Children's Team Manager
Children’s Team Managers (West Cumbria Child Protection)
Job reference: REQ00000010793
Location: West Cumbria
Salary: £42,683 - £43,662
Hours: 37 hours per week
We are looking for people who share our vision, and ambition and have the ability to inspire the trust and confidence of professionals across a range of agencies. We are keen to recruit those who have successful experience in a similar role and a good knowledge of safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children.
As Team Manager you will be responsible for a team providing assessment, planning and intervention services to children in need, children in need of protection, looked after children and those young people who have left care, working in partnership with colleagues from within the Council and other agencies and using sign of safety methodology in our work.
You will lead a team of practitioners and support our newly qualified social workers as part of our successful Social Work Academy approach.
Cumbria has a strong foundation of career progression and professional development to enable our employees to take up opportunities as they arise in their careers.
We will give you dedicated support in your relocation to Cumbria as we appreciate that this is an important step in your move to a new post with us.
It is really important to us that Cumbria is a great place to be a child and grow up; a place of opportunity where young people are able to live happy and productive lives and a place where young people will want to live and work in the future.
We recognise that social work can be a challenging job and if you are successful you will be working in a supportive working environment that is committed to your learning and career development.
We will provide you with coaching and mentoring in your professional development.
Our offer to you:
- Competitive Salary
- Relocation Package (up to GBP 8,000)
- A generous recruitment incentive applies for Team Manager positions
- Local Government Pension Scheme with generous employer contribution
- Supportive working environment
- Generous Annual Leave Entitlement
- Maternity, paternity, adoption and parental leave
- Sickness pay
- Cycle to work scheme
- A strong training programme with plenty of opportunities for continuing professional development
- Career Progression Pathways
- Regular Reflective Supervision
- Strong Partnerships with Leading Social Work Practice Educators and research with Lancaster University
If you are interested in what you have read and would like to find out more information or to apply, you can by using our application form which is available through the link below.
Interview Date*: TBC on an individual basis