Residential Childcare Manager
Residential Childcare Manager
Salary: PO5 SCP Points 39 - 42 (£41,784 - £44,516)
Hours: 40 Hours per week (43 weeks per year) – Working Pattern to be confirmed. Required: ASAP
We are seeking to appoint a Residential Childcare manager for our Residential department, Richley House. The department provides residential care for children aged between the ages of 7 to 19 years with a range of complex communication, sensory and physical disabilities who attend Linden Lodge School.
This is an opportunity for someone who is passionate about transforming young peoples’ lives, promoting independence and has a desire to develop their career in a Special School setting. You'll be coordinating a small team of colleagues committed to providing high quality support to the children and young people within the residential unit.
This is an exciting time to join the school. In our recent OFSTED of the residential department, Leadership and Management was judged “outstanding” (January 2019) where “leaders’ expert knowledge and steadfast commitment to children have inspired them to continue their own professional journeys”. We have an impressive three acre campus in Wimbledon offering fabulous indoor and outdoor innovative facilities to support teaching and learning.
We are specifically looking for a manager who:
• Can lead and motivate staff to meet the needs of our young people. • Has a passion for promoting independence and life skills • Is aware of and has experience in applying the OFSTED National Minimum standards • Will always strive to improve the Residential Provision within Linden Lodge.
The postholder must hold a Level 5 NVQ in Residential Childcare management OR be willing to undertake this qualification
We can offer you:
• A supportive team environment which will enable you to develop your professional experience and expertise
• Excellent support based on Collaboration, Coaching and Mentoring and Line Management
• Excellent CPD opportunities
• Outstanding facilities and resources
• The scope for you to bring your own creativity and talents within a structured framework of assessment, planning and processes
• A chance to be a part of the Senior Leadership Team with the opportunity to play a part in the strategic direction of the school
• A staff wellbeing programme which includes: • Employee Assistance programme • Free local gym membership • End of term staff awards • Weekly art and Pilates classes
Linden Lodge School is a very special place to work and staff wellbeing and career progression is very important to us. In addition to our Staff wellbeing programme you will be provided with tailored in-house and external training appropriate to your needs and interests.
School Tour: We encourage all applicants to visit the school before applying. Please contact the school to arrange a suitable date and time on 0208 7880107 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date for all applications: Friday 25th of October 2019
Shortlisting: Tuesday 29th of October 2019 Interview Date:
Week commencing 4th of November 2019
Linden Lodge School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment, an enhanced DBS will be required.
CVs are not accepted. Only candidates who have applied via the application form will be considered - please follow the link in the apply button to complete your application