Location: Farleigh FE College Frome, North Parade, Frome, Somerset, BA11 2AB
Vacancy Type: Permanent - Full Time
Salary: £32,000 to £38,000 per annum dependent upon experience
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
We do something amazing, be a part of it!
We are seeking a dynamic and experienced Registered Manager to lead and manage our Children's’ Home. The Tannery is an Ofsted registered specialist children's home for young people who have a diagnosis of autistic spectrum disorder.
The home is located in the market town of Trowbridge, Wiltshire, with easy access to the local town centre. The home provides residential provision for up to 52 weeks a year and is closely linked to Farleigh FE College. Farleigh FE College is based in Frome but has other residential provisions in Shepton Mallet, Frome and Trowbridge.
The home’s focus is to promote the development of individual social behaviour, independence and personal skills and offering opportunities to practise these in real life settings. The home provides a secure, warm and supportive environment for young people to grow and build self confidence. This ensures that our young people develop a positive outlook on life in a safe, nurturing, welcoming, structured and fun environment.
The core task of this senior management post will be to have overall responsibility for the management and leadership of the home. You will be required to manage the employees and resources to ensure the highest standards of care are achieved within the home. Your duties will include ensuring all documentation and records are maintained and implementing appropriate systems to ensure compliance with requirements.
What we would like from you:
- Knowledge and experience of the law and practice relating to the provision of residential care
- Hold a clean driving licence with at least 3 years driving experience is an essential requirement of this role
- A recognised social work qualification or a professional qualification relevant to working with children to at least level 4
- Experience of working with young people with autistic spectrum disorder and associated learning difficulties is preferred
- Demonstrate evidence of continuous professional development
- Be a strong and effective leader
- Be emotionally resilient
- Have the ability to work flexibly and demonstrate resourcefulness
- Have a strong 'can do' attitude
- Have highly developed organisational skills
- Effective communication skills.
The successful candidate will be required to complete the full registration process and be declared fit by Ofsted.
- 33 days annual leave (including bank holidays)
- Online benefits and cash back rewards (including popular retail discounts)
- Priory Group Pension scheme
- Travel Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Reduced price Gym membership
- Gourmet Society Card
- Healthcare cash plan
- Priory Group Career Pathways - build your skills and plan for your future career with on-going training supported.
For all roles we require a minimum of two references. References provided must cover the last 3 years, for all of our services we will need to request all references from where you have worked with either Children or Vulnerable Adults. Please be advised that references will be requested prior to interview for all roles within our schools.
From education to hospitals, care homes and secure facilities, the Priory Group of Companies offers individually tailored, multidisciplinary treatment programmes for those with complex educational needs or requiring acute, long-term and respite mental healthcare.
Priory Education Services is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All applicants must be willing to undergo safeguarding screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and disclosures with the relevant body at an enhanced level. We are an equal opportunities employer. Priory Education and Children's services will cover the cost of a DBS.