Youth Development Outreach Worker- Mental Health Specialist
YOUTH DEVELOPMENT OUTREACH WORKER
Mental Health Specialist x 2
Location: Oasis Community Hub: Hadley and North Middlesex University Hospital
Hours: Full-Time, 40 hours per week (1.0FTE), Fixed Term Contract to March 2021
Salary: starting at £26,388 per annum, (inc. London Allowance)
Oasis Community Hub: Hadley encompasses a variety of integrated and diverse community projects which together have a common aim to bring transformation to the whole person and the whole community. Oasis Hub Hadley with North Middlesex Hospital A&E department, is looking for two dedicated Youth Development Outreach Workers with a mental health specialism to support young people who have experienced violence which has had a negative impact on their mental wellbeing. One role will be based in the North Middlesex A&E Department, and the other in the Oasis community based Youth Projects.
This role’s primary purpose is to participate in a youth outreach service that provides additional support for young people who have been affected by violence and require support with their own mental wellbeing.
- Offering and facilitating intensive 1:1 support for young people.
- Planning and delivering mental wellbeing workshops that develop the strategies for looking after your own mental health.
- Link young people into appropriate services.
- Develop and evaluate a model of care that enables young people to benefit from community based interventions.
- Ensure new referrals are received and passed on in a timely manner.
- Assist the team by facilitating high quality information gathering/sharing to track the support given and the success of the project.
You could be successful in this role if you:
- Have a relevant qualification in the mental health field.
- Experience of working in a youth/community setting affected by youth crime.
- Experience of mentoring / supporting young people.
- Possess excellent oral/written communication and organisational skills.
- Are self-motivated, with the ability to take initiative and work under some pressure.
This role is a challenging but very rewarding opportunity to make a positive impact on the lives of some of the most vulnerable young members of society who are living in challenging circumstances. If you are interested in being part of this life-changing service and want to know more, please contact the Oasis Recruitment Team on 0207 921 4259.
To apply, please download and complete the Application Form and Equal Opportunities form, and send to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for completed applications is 12pm Thursday 17th October 2019.
Interviews will be held on Tuesday 29th October 2019 in Enfield, North London.
Oasis is committed to making a difference to the lives of the communities it works in, and as such you must show a willingness to demonstrate commitment to the values and behaviours which flow from the Oasis ethos.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We expect all staff to share this commitment and to undergo appropriate checks, including enhanced DBS checks.
Oasis supports Equal Opportunities. Registered Charity No. 1026487