Youth Participation Officer
Youth Participation Officer
Are you a fun, creative, self-motivated person, with a passion for young people's participation in decision-making and making sure their voices are listened to and acted on?
Do you have experience of working with diverse groups of young people?
If yes – we would LOVE to hear from you!
We are looking for a new Youth Participation Officer – or, as we call it, Youth Voice and Insight Officer – to help us deliver our mission of making services better with young people in London.
This role offers a unique and exciting opportunity to coordinate, develop and re-energise our well-established youth voice programme across Wandsworth.
- Lead on the coordination, delivery and evaluation of Wandsworth Youth Council, and their annual work plan and projects.
- Lead on the local delivery of the London Youth Assembly programme.
- Lead on the coordination, delivery and evaluation of the Wandsworth Youth Opportunity Fund.
- Lead on the delivery of Youth Voice training and skills development across Wandsworth Council and its partners.
- You will also offer weekly sessional support to Hounslow Youth Council and, as required, our other London Youth Forums.
Please note, this role requires regular evening and occasional weekend working – Wandsworth Youth Council meet every Tuesday evening, 5-7pm, in Wandsworth; and Hounslow Youth Council meet every Thursday evening, 4:30-6:40pm in Hounslow.
The success of this role relies on building excellent working partnerships, clear communication and bringing a LOT of fun to it! In return, you’ll be offered the autonomy and creative freedom to make youth voice in Wandsworth a real success!
The successful applicant will bring:
- Strong, demonstrable experience of working with children and young people.
- A commitment to Participation People’s mission, values and approach.
- A solid foundation in project and budget management.
In return for your hard work, we offer:
- A very generous holiday entitlement
- Competitive salary
- A highly flexible working arrangement
- The opportunity to work with a kind, curious and courageous team of like-minded people.
Closing date: Wednesday 6 November, 23:59pm.
Interviews: Saturday 16 November, 10am-5pm (Wandsworth location)
The 'small print'
Start date: We hope to have the successful candidate appointed before Christmas.
Term: This post is fixed-term, to end on 31 December 2021.
Office base: Wandsworth Town, London.
Please note - this post involves working with vulnerable children and young people on a regular basis and so is subject to an Enhanced DBS Check. We do not accept CVs.
Feel free to get in touch - call 07522 364 314, to speak to Josh Harsant, interim Head of London Programmes.
To be considered for the role, please click the apply button the be directed to the vacancies page