Location: Children’s Home Okehampton
Vacancy Type: Permanent - Full Time
Salary: £35,000 - £45,000 + relocation package
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
We do something amazing, be a part of it!
Devon & Cornwall Education & Children's Services are looking for a Registered Manager to join their team. They currently have homes in the Tavistock, Okehampton and Gunnislake areas.
We are seeking an experienced Registered Manager to lead and manage one of our Children’s Homes. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Registered Manager to mould, drive and develop the Children’s Home and take it to outstanding.
The core task of this senior management post will be to ensure excellent standards of care and therapeutic services using PBS models are maintained. You will ensure that the environment and all services provided comply with statutory regulations, governance and quality standards. The post holder will undertake the Registered Manager responsibilities with Ofsted and provide strategic leadership ensuring a process of continuous improvement. Liaising with outside agencies and stake holders you will demonstrate professionalism and act as a role model for staff.
Devon & Cornwall Education & Children's Services is made up of two schools, Quay View School and Tor View School and three children's homes. The homes specialise in care for children and young people aged 7-19 with autism, learning difficulties and SEMH. The safeguarding and wellbeing of our young people who may have experienced challenges in their lives is always paramount; along with encouragement to achieve their full potential.
What we would like from you:
- The successful applicant should hold a Social Work Degree or NVQ/QCF Level 5 which is relevant to children and young people
- You will be able to demonstrate evidence of continuous professional development
- Be an experienced manager in a residential/social care setting
- Have experience of working with children and young people with Autism and associated learning difficulties, emotional, behavioural and social difficulties
- A strong and effective leader
- Be emotionally resilient
- Being able to work flexibly and demonstrate resourcefulness
- A strong 'can do' attitude
- Highly developed organisational skills
- Effective communication skills.
What we would like to give you:
- Comprehensive induction, competency, growth and commitment to training and development
- Guidance, support and the benefit of being part of a strong and focussed team of Registered Managers
- Excellent salary
- Just Drive Scheme
- Cycle Scheme
- Retail rewards scheme.
For all roles we require a minimum of two references. References provided must cover the last 3 years, or you are applying to work within our Children’s Homes we will need to request all references from where you have worked with either Children or Vulnerable Adults.
Please be advised that references will be requested prior to interview for all roles within our schools.
From education to hospitals, care homes and secure facilities, the Priory Group of Companies offers individually tailored, multidisciplinary treatment programmes for those with complex educational needs or requiring acute, long-term and respite mental healthcare.
Priory Education Services is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All applicants must be willing to undergo safeguarding screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and disclosures with the relevant body at an enhanced level. We are an equal opportunities employer.