Location: Children's home Tavistock, West Devon
Vacancy Type: Permanent - Full Time
Salary: £35,000 - £45,000 per annum plus relocation package and benefits
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
We do something amazing, be a part of it!
Priory Education and Children’s Services is a leading company in the UK offering independent behavioural care for commissioners across the UK. With over 100 high quality schools, colleges and homes we focus on making a real and lasting difference for everyone we support.
The homes specialise in care for children and young people aged 7-19 with autism, learning difficulties and SEMH. The safeguarding and well-being of our young people who may have experienced challenges in their lives is always paramount; along with encouragement to achieve their full potential.
We are looking for a Registered Manger for our home in Tavistock. This is an exciting opportunity for an individual with a strong background in social care to join Priory Group to make a real impact on the children and young people we support. This role will allow the successful candidate to mould, drive and develop the children’s home and take it to outstanding.
We are looking to attract talented and inspirational people who can grow and develop our service, our team and themselves.
We are committed to employing and developing talented and passionate managers, to reward you on successful appointment you will receive £500 bonus in your first pay and an additional £500 on completion of your probation.
What we'd like from you:
- A sound working knowledge of the statutory requirements associated with the residential care of young people. This will include Children’s’ Homes Regulations, Health and Safety legislation etc
- A management qualification of at least or equivalent to Level 5 Diploma in Leadership and Management for Residential Childcare. The role holder must have completed the full registration process and declared fit by OFSTED.
- Proven people management skills within a residential setting, including motivating, directing and delegating
- Strategic organisational skills
- Financial management experience within a similar role
- At least 2 years’ experience in a managerial role within a children’s residential setting.
- 33 days annual leave (including bank holidays)
- Online benefits and cash back rewards (including popular retail discounts)
- Priory Group Pension scheme
- Travel Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Reduced price Gym membership
- Gourmet Society Card
- Healthcare cash plan
- Priory Group Career Pathways - build your skills and plan for your future career with on-going training supported
Relocation Pacakge including
- Support with house hunting
- Support with travel expenses
- Reimbursement of reasonable associated expenses
Priory Group are committed to equal opportunities. For safeguarding and safe recruitment processes, please click 'Apply Now' to complete our online application form to be considered for this exciting opportunity.
We welcome enquiries around the roles we advertise. Please contact Nicki Ablett within the Education Resourcing Team on 0116 240 8682, option 2.
For all roles we require a minimum of two references. References provided must cover the last 3 years, for all of our services we will need to request all references from where you have worked with either Children or Vulnerable Adults. Please be advised that references will be requested prior to interview for all roles within our schools.
From education to hospitals, care homes and secure facilities, the Priory Group of Companies offers individually tailored, multidisciplinary treatment programmes for those with complex educational needs or requiring acute, long-term and respite mental healthcare.
Priory Education Services is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All applicants must be willing to undergo safeguarding screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and disclosures with the relevant body at an enhanced level. We are an equal opportunities employer. Priory Education and Children's services will cover the cost of a DBS.