Development Worker (Eastern)
Development Worker (Eastern)
Part time 21 Hours per week (3 days) Permanent Contract
£25,000 pro rata
Location: Sea Cadets, Eastern Area Office, RAF Cranwell, Sleaford, Lincolnshire, NG34 8HB
Do you have any of the following?
- Experience in the voluntary and community sector
- Experience working with volunteers
- Experience of project management and partnership working
If you have answered yes to any of the above then please read on…
This role is rewarding, and requires someone with passion, tenacity and a real interest in people. We are looking for an enthusiastic and flexible person with the ability to recruit and engage young people and adults into the Sea Cadets. There is also the opportunity to develop new initiatives and deliver projects.
MSSC (Marine Society and Sea Cadets) is a friendly and focused place to work. As the parent charity for two dynamic, nautical and seafaring organisations we aim to be the leading maritime charity for youth development and lifelong learning. We are the governing body of the Sea Cadets, which gives 14,000 young people a great head start in life through nautical adventure based on the customs and traditions of the Royal Navy, and Marine Society, which supports the personal and professional development of seafarers where ever they are in the world.
We are currently seeking to appoint a Development Worker, to support the delivery of projects and work with identified priority growth units within the MSSC’s Eastern Area, and to ensure local delivery is achieved against key targets. Based in the Eastern Area, you will work closely with other delivery partners and with MSSC local staff, volunteers and young people to:
- Recruit adult volunteers;
- Recruit young people to participate in our activities;
- Provide ‘on the ground’ support to identified priority growth units to recruit adults and young people to build capability and capacity for the longer term
- Support the growth of new Sea Cadet units
- Support Cadet Expansion Project units
- Support and deliver the National Citizens Service project within Eastern Area
- Support the delivery of any new projects the MSSC are awarded
- Conduct school visits (assemblies & workshops) to highlight the value of Sea Cadets and recruit cadets to local Sea Cadet units
- Co-ordinate PR across Eastern Area units to maximise the Sea Cadets’ profile;
This is an exciting and rewarding role, partly funded by external partners of MSSC who are committed to widening young people’s opportunities to take part in challenging and developmental activities. The role presents a real opportunity to make a difference, particularly in areas of high deprivation.
Candidates will need to demonstrate experience of recruiting volunteers, strong interpersonal and project management skills and the ability to deal with a wide range of stakeholders. A flexible approach to work and working patterns is also a must.
Applications should consist of a Supporting Statement & CV, without these your application will not be considered. An optional Equal Opportunities form may be submitted with your application, this and the job application pack can be downloaded on the website.
Please email applications to firstname.lastname@example.org . Alternatively, please print out and post your completed application to Rickesh Chauhan, The Marine Society and Sea Cadets, 202 Lambeth Road, London SE1 7JW.
Successful applicants will be required to undergo a DBS check.
Closing Date for applications: Midday Monday 14th October 2019
Recruitment Selection Day: Wednesday 30th October - to be held at the Eastern Area Office in Lincolnshire at RAF Cranwell, NG34 8HB
Apply for Development Worker (Eastern)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly