Location: Children's Home, Gunnislake Oaks , Cornwall, PL18
Priory Group Division: Education & Children's Services
Vacancy Type: Permanent - Full Time
Salary: £35,000 - £45,000 per annum + bonus up to £7.5 k + relocation
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
We do something amazing, be a part of it!
Southern Peninsula Services are looking for a Registered Manager to join their team, they currently have homes in the Tavistock and Gunnislake areas.
Southern Peninsula Services is made up of two schools, Quay View School and Tor View School and three children's homes. The homes specialise in care for children and young people aged 7-19 with autism, learning difficulties and SEMH. The safeguarding and wellbeing of our young people is always paramount, along with encouragement to achieve their full potential.
We are seeking an experienced Registered Manager to lead and manage one of our Children's’ Homes. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Registered Manager to mould, drive and develop the Children’s Home and take it to outstanding.
We are offering a fantastic remuneration and relocation package for the successful applicant who can demonstrate the behaviours we encourage across our organisation.
The core task of this senior management post will be to ensure excellent standards of care and therapeutic services,using PBS models,are maintained. You will ensure that the environment and all services provided comply with statutory regulations, governance and quality standards. The post holder will undertake the Registered Manager responsibilities with Ofsted and provide strategic leadership ensuring a process of continuous improvement. Liaising with outside agencies and stake holders, you will demonstrate professionalism and act as a role model for staff.
What we would like from you:
- Hold a Social Work Degree or NVQ/QCF Level 5
- Demonstrate evidence of continuous professional development
- Be an experienced manager in a residential/social care setting
- Have experience of working with children and young people with Autism and associated learning difficulties, emotional, behavioural and social difficulties
- Be a strong and effective leader as well as emotionally resilient
- Have the ability to work flexibly and demonstrate resourcefulness
- Have a strong 'can do' attitude
- Have highly developed organisational skills
- Effective communication skills.
What we would like to give you:
- Comprehensive Induction, competency, growth and commitment to training and development
- Guidance, support and the benefit of being part of a strong and focussed team of Registered Managers
- Excellent Salary
- Just Drive Scheme
- Cycle Scheme
- Retail rewards scheme
The provisional interview date for this position is Thursday 26th September 2019.
For all roles we require a minimum of two references. References provided must cover the last 3 years, or you are applying to work within our Children’s Homes we will need to request all references from where you have worked with either Children or Vulnerable Adults.
Please be advised that references will be requested prior to interview for all roles within our schools.
From education to hospitals, care homes and secure facilities, the Priory Group of Companies offers individually tailored, multidisciplinary treatment programmes for those with complex educational needs or requiring acute, long-term and respite mental healthcare.
Priory Education Services is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All applicants must be willing to undergo safeguarding screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and disclosures with the relevant body at an enhanced level. We are an equal opportunities employer.