Playground Manager (Maternity Cover)
Based: across two locations - Chelsea and Wandsworth
Salary: £32,198.00 FTE per annum
About the organisation
Our client is a national charity which has been supporting disabled children, young people and their families since 1970.
They work with children, irrespective of their disability or impairment, from birth through to 25 years. Each year they support over 15,000 disabled children, offer over 120 different services and work with about 80 Local Authorities across England.
They are passionate, caring and trusted and their vision is a world in which all disabled children and young people realise their aspirations. They offer support and practical help for families, every step of the way.
About The Role
Our client are recruiting for a highly enthusiastic Playground Manager based across two locations Chelsea and Wandsworth on a fixed term basis to cover maternity leave for a period of 6-9 months.
The purpose of this role is:
- To ensure that children’s and young people’s participation and engagement is embedded in the planning and development of the playground.
- To ensure safeguarding is embedded throughout the service, all staff are trained and all incidents are dealt with as per the organisation's policies.
- Ensure all record keeping is accurate, timely and meets all data handling regulations.
- Deliver a programme of varied activities that provide children with choices and opportunities for different play and social activities.
- Effectively manage the physical responsibilities of the playground. This includes health and safety, maintenance, cleanliness, repairs and utilities.
To be able to carry out this role it is essential that you have the following characteristics:
- Thorough knowledge of play.
- 3 years’ experience of direct work with disabled children.
- Experience of creating a positive play environment for children.
- Through understanding of and ability to demonstrate safe practice and adherence to current Safeguarding processes.
- Experience of managing a large flexible team including recruitment, supervision and development.
- NVQ level 3 or equivalent in play or related field.
Closing Date: 15th September 2019
To find out more information. You will be taken to a simple CHM Recruit form and then redirected to the employer’s website where you can complete your application for this position.
Our client is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All children and young people they work with must, at all times, feel safe. They practice safer recruitment. For certain roles successful applicants will be required to carry out a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
They are an equal opportunities employer, and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
No agencies please.