Senior Residential Childcare Practitioners
Senior Residential Childcare Practitioner
Oracle exists to give young people with very complex histories and needs a chance to break out from a spiral of negative and sometimes risky behaviours. We provide them with the safety and positive relationships needed to build their hopes and enable them to have a better future.
Location: Congleton/Stoke on Trent and Bedford areas
People who work here:
- Want to make a difference
- Understand the needs of the young people and the behaviours they may present
- Manage, support and influence change in relation to these behaviours.
- Communicate effectively with children and young people and understand and empathise with the needs of the young people.
- Diploma level 3 in Residential Childcare or equivalent
- Previous experience of working with young people in a residential setting
- Full manual driving licence
- Career progression
- Competitive package and stakeholder pension scheme
- Confident in responding appropriately to challenges within a residential or school environment.
- Has values in line with Oracle holistic child care approach and practice
- Able to present a professional image at all times that models Oracle Care and Education’s core values.
- Ability to work with a variety of internal and external professionals.
- Can demonstrate commitment to the staff teams, young people and the service in order to be part of a team that delivers high quality outcomes.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Ability to be flexible when required.
- Has excellent communication (verbal and written) skills.
- Understands the importance of and can use the support networks available to them.
- Understands the management role in providing support and guidance for the staff teams.
- Self-starter with the ability to identify issues, and the skills to respond (in line with policy and procedure).
- Confident decision maker who can problem solve under pressure.
- Excellent role model to staff.
- Reliable member of the team.
If you would like to apply for this vacancy, please download the application pack and email firstname.lastname@example.org. For further information, please visit our website www.oraclecare.com
Please note: Successful applicants will be required to apply for enhanced DBS disclosure. Oracle Care & Education supports and promotes Equal Opportunities in employment and opposes all forms of unlawful discrimination on grounds of; race, nationality, ethic or national origin, sex, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief and age. You are expected to comply with Oracle’s policy on Equal Opportunities all times and to ensure that your work practice and actions re-enforce this at all times.
Oracle Care & Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. This post will be subject to an Enhanced DBS and pre-employment checks.