Advanced Practitioner (Senior Social Worker)
We are looking for skilled, dynamic and motivated advanced social work practitioners to join our busy social work teams, who are aspirational for children and young people with the ability to drive change in the families and professional systems they work within. The post holders will have the skills and ability to practice at a higher level which includes deputising for the line manager in circumstances where the line manager is not available or they are delegate to act in a line management position by the designated Head of Service. They will demonstrate expert and effective practice in complex situations; and be able to assess and manage higher levels of risk in their own and that of other less experienced social workers. They will support less experienced social workers and be assessors for NQSWs in the teams in their Assessed and Supported Year in Employment.
The successful candidate will:
- possess in-depth knowledge and understanding of the legislative framework and polices in relation to safeguarding children
- be able to provide evidence of your excellent written and oral communication skills
- demonstrate your impact on families in achieving positive outcomes for children and influence the professional networks that you work with
In addition to excellent development and career opportunities we have generous employee benefits:
- 30 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Access to Employee benefits scheme
- We appreciate that not all employees want the same rewards and benefits package. Therefore, at Barnet we have a flexible benefits offer that can be tailored made to suit an individual’s preference such as trading in pension contributions for a higher salary; this has been reflected in the higher end of the salary. We will be happy to discuss and consider individual options during the recruitment process.
If shortlisted you will be required to bring photographic ID to your interview to prove your identity.
Barnet is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people, and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Barnet operates stringent safer recruitment procedures.
More searches like this
- Advice & guidance jobs jobs in Local authority social services
- Child protection / Safeguarding jobs in Local authority social services
- Rights & participation jobs in Local authority social services
- Social care jobs jobs in Local authority social services
- Family support jobs in Local authority social services