Social Worker (REACH team)
- Contract Type
Social Worker (REACH team)
Expiry date: 23:59, 14 July 2019
Location: North London Business Park & Colindale
Salary: £39,040.00 - £49,367.00 Per Annum
Job Description: Social_Worker_REACH.pdf
The REACH team are looking for qualified social work practitioners to work as part of a multi-professional team taking a lead role in safeguarding adolescents that are at risk of harm or who pose a risk of harm to others. You will lead on assessments and care planning for young people at risk of group offending, harmful behaviours and exploitation.
- You will provide high quality social work as part of a multi-professional team, caring for adolescents presenting with a range of needs including being victims/perpetrators of child sexual exploitation, young people affected or involved in serious youth violence and group offending, missing from home.
- You will build the resilience of children, young people and their families by using evidenced based approaches to achieve sustained change, establish rapport, respectful relationships with children, young people, their families, obtaining and recording their views accurately.
- Mobilise existing and potential support networks for children, young people and their families through effective and regular engagement and communication, working collaboratively and including their views and contributions to assessments and plans made for children, young people and their families.
- Undertake assessments of children, young people’s circumstances, using observation and information gathered from a range of sources to provide evidence and analysis of children’s needs leading to recommended levels of intervention and of service provision.
- You will be a resilient, thoughtful and determined practitioner with a passion to achieve safety and protection for young people through creative and home, school and community interventions in which young people remain at the centre.
- 30 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- Generous Local Government Pension Scheme
- Access to the Employee Benefits scheme
- We appreciate that not all employees want the same rewards and benefits package. Therefore, at Barnet we have a flexible benefits offer that can be tailored made to suit an individual’s preference such as trading in pension contributions for a higher salary. We will be happy to discuss and consider individual options during the recruitment process.
Candidates must hold a UK recognised Social Work Qualification and be registered with the HCPC. An enhanced DBS is required.
If shortlisted you will be required to bring photographic ID to your interview to prove your identity.
Barnet is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people, and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Barnet operates stringent safer recruitment procedures.