HR Business partner
City YMCA is looking for a qualified (at least Level 5 CIPD) HR Business Partner to develop and manage a progressive and innovative HR function. Staff numbers are expected to triple with exciting new projects, opening soon.
Assist with recruitment and retention in this fast moving environment.
Provide expert HR advice and guidance to managers plus staff and support them in dealing with complex casework such as performance, attendance and employee relations issues.
- Level 5 CIPD in Human resources
- In-depth and up-to-date knowledge of current and proposed employment law and its application through policies and procedures in a business-facing operational Human Resources function
- Comprehensive knowledge of payroll administration
- Membership (by examination) of CIPD
- HR adviser experience or similar - including working with managers on performance management, employee relations, resourcing, and staff/management development
- Experience of working with minimal supervision and guidance
- Experience of employee consultation and negotiation processes, requiring good mediation skills
Skills and Abilities
- Team-working skills with the ability to identify tactical motivational techniques
- A clear understanding of regular monitoring of performance standards and associated report production
- Ability to demonstrate an understanding of the issues around diversity and how to maximise its benefit to the management and delivery of services
- A pro-active, participative and flexible approach to problem solving, taking the initiative by evaluating, making suggestions and generating new ideas to improve working methods and levels of performance
- High level of IT literacy
- Ability to work autonomously and under pressure from conflicting demands
- Ability to engage in budget setting and display effective budget management skills
- Excellent Communication skills both verbal and written
- Excellent organisation and planning skills
- Business skills and an understanding of the youth-market related business (desirable)
- Is financially aware with the ability to apply financial impact scenarios to HR operations (desirable)
To apply: send your CV with a covering letter stating how you meet the essential requirements for the role to: email@example.com