Youth Services Senior Manager
Youth Services Senior Manager
The London Borough of Newham is committed to putting young people at the heart of everything we do. The Mayor and Members have agreed ambitious plans to expand our youth services.
This full time role is one of a number we are currently advertising as part of the biggest expansion in youth services in London for a generation. An overview of all of our Youth Empowerment job opportunities can be found on our dedicated recruitment campaign page.
About the Role
Salary – PO7 £47,511 - £50,448.
Working to a remit set by the Head of Service, The Youth Service Senior Manager will be responsible for delivering and continually developing Newham’s universal and targeted youth services, ensuring that activity at our expanding network of Youth Zones and in in other building locations equips the borough’s young people with the skills and capabilities they will require as they transition into adulthood.
The type of work you will be responsible for will include:
- Oversight and development of Newham’s Youth Service Extended Learning Curriculum;
- Developing innovative approaches to engaging young people in shaping and participating in the activities offered as part of the Youth Service Curriculum, with the aim of raising the overall level of participation in Youth Service activity to 20% of 9 – 19 year olds;
- Leadership and management of Newham’s expanding network of Youth Zones and of youth services provided within other buildings / locations
- Working with statutory and non-statutory agencies to provide activities targeted at individuals / groups in need of particular support, including prioritising support for young people with multiple needs and facing barriers to participating in universal provision; and
- Managing a team of Senior Youth Workers and Youth Workers.
We are committed to recruiting a team that understands what it is like to grow up in an Inner City borough like Newham. A team that can get to grips with the challenges and also make the most of the amazing opportunities that such an environment brings. Those that get these jobs will be able to see the potential in the young people of Newham.
Specific skills and experience are important to us. We want to hire the best youth work team. We want the most inspiring mentors. The best informal educators.
We will recruit people who share our enthusiasm. We want people with an incredible passion and commitment to making a positive difference working with Newham’s young people. People who have the imagination to work with those young people and to help them thrive.
Further information on the biggest expansion of youth services in London for a generation, including video messages from The Mayor and from young people, can be found on Newham’s dedicated recruitment campaign page.
The closing date for the receipt of applications for this role is 3rd July, with interviews held during the week commencing 22nd July.
Click here to apply.