Detached Youth Worker
Detached Youth Worker
The London Borough of Newham is committed to putting young people at the heart of everything we do. The Mayor and Members have agreed ambitious plans to expand our youth services.
This full-time role is one of a number we are currently advertising as part of the biggest expansion in youth services in London for a generation. An overview of all of our Youth Empowerment job opportunities can be found on our dedicated recruitment campaign page.
About the Role
Salary £35,321 - £38,188 inclusive of London weighting (JNC22-25).
Working Under the direction of the Detached Senior Youth Worker, the post holder will work in locations where young people meet. You will be responsible for:
- Providing first class detached universal youth services that support and enable young people to fulfil their potential;
- Delivering Targeted Youth Support and related services that are local and easily accessible, to young people who need additional tailored support;
- Providing young people with the opportunity to influence the nature and content of detached youth service provision;
- Inputting into systems, processes and reviews that track participation levels and impact, on a programme by programme basis, but also at the individual young person level; and
- Working with young people to support them to participate as active members of their community, through building networks, supporting skills development and through promoting involvement in formal and informal decision-making processes.
We are committed to recruiting a team that understands what it is like to grow up in an Inner City borough like Newham. A team that can get to grips with the challenges and also make the most of the amazing opportunities that such an environment brings. Those that get these jobs will be able to see the potential in the young people of Newham.
Specific skills and experience are important to us. We want to hire the best youth work team. We want the most inspiring mentors. The best informal educators.
We will recruit people who share our enthusiasm. We want people with an incredible passion and commitment to making a positive difference working with Newham’s young people. People who have the imagination to work with those young people and to help them thrive.
Further information on the biggest expansion of youth services in London for a generation, including video messages from The Mayor and from young people, can be found on Newham’s dedicated recruitment campaign page.
The closing date for this role is 12th July, with interviews to be held from 5th – 16th August.
Click here to apply.