Location: Charters Day Nursery, College Road, Abbots Langley, Hertfordshire WD5 0GU
Hours: Full-Time, 37.5 hours per week
Starting Salary: £8,483 - £15,015 per annum depending on age
Benefits: Defined contribution pension scheme, Health Cash Plan, discounted nursery costs at One YMCA nursery, free gym membership at our health clubs, Free parking.
Apprenticeships are a brilliant way to start your career. They give you an opportunity to learn and train while working alongside experienced staff to give you job-specific skills. You will undertake qualifications with a local training provider and have a mentor or supervisor in the workplace to support you.
One YMCA is recruiting for a passionate, enthusiastic Apprentice who is committed to their own personal development and a career in Early Years/Childcare. This apprenticeship is an opportunity to gain a qualification in Children and Young People’s Workforce and work as a member of the Nursery Team, showing initiative and creativity to foster an environment which encourages the children’s all round development and where high standards of care are provided.
This role has special responsibilities for working with a small number of children, giving them reassurance to feel safe and cared for and building relationships with their parents. The successful candidate will work as a member of the nursery team, showing initiative and creativity to foster an environment which encourages the children’s all round development and where high standards of care are provided.
The key elements of the post are to:
- Develop positive and trusting relationships with children, parents, carers, staff and outside organisations.
- Assist with the supervision of children at play (indoor and outdoor) and at meal times
- Under the guidance of the Room Supervisor and following the guidelines of the EYFS framework and nursery policy, assist with planning a programme of activities, suitable for the age range of the children.
To be considered for this role you need to be able to fulfil the following criteria:
- Aged 17 or above (Essential)
- Not in full- time education
- Available to work full-time for at least 14 months
- Committed to the training and development provided
- Grade A-C in English, Maths and IT or
- Be willing to undertake Functional skills in English, Maths and IT
- Experience of working with young children (Beneficial)
Click on the link provided for a full Job Description.
Complete the Application Form below to Apply
(We do not accept CV’s for Nursery roles)
For further information or to discuss other career opportunities contact
Jo Tindale/Caroline Saint – 01923 662 221
This role is subject to an enhanced DBS check.