Residential Childcare Practitioner – Unqualified
Looking for a new opportunity in Residential Childcare? How does becoming a Residential Childcare Practitioner within an outstanding organisation sound; an organisation that dedicates itself to enhancing the lives of children?
Oracle exists to give young people with very complex histories and needs a chance to break out from a spiral of negative and sometimes risky behaviours. We provide them with the safety and positive relationships needed to build their hopes and enable them to have a better future.
People who work here want to make a difference and understand the needs of the young people and the behaviours they may present, as well as how to manage, support and influence change in relation to these behaviours.
We are looking to recruit Residential Childcare Practitioner to join us in our Congleton/Stoke on Trent and Bedford areas and work as part of a professional team to promote and provide the highest standard of care.
You must be able to communicate effectively with children and young people and understand and empathise with the needs of the young people.
• Basic computer skills
• Domestic housekeeping skills
• Awareness of the principles of equal opportunities and anti-discriminatory practice
• Ability to work as part of a team or independently
• Understanding of confidentiality
• Basic understanding of the principles of childcare legislation
• Assertive and confident
• Good interpersonal / social skills
• Responsible and mature outlook
• Good sense of humour
• Ability to display appropriate responses to anger and anxiety
• Ability to relate honestly to young people
• Punctual and reliable
• Flexible (travel and shifts)
• Transferable life and interest skills
• Understanding of child development and the impact of abuse
• Innovative and creative
• Able to work alone without direction
• Previous experience of working with young people in a residential setting
• Basic computer skills
• Full manual driving license
• Minimum of GCSE in Maths and English, or equivalent
• Diploma Level 3 in Residential Childcare or equivalent
• Career progression
• Competitive package and stakeholder pension scheme.
If you would like to apply for this vacancy, please download the application pack and email email@example.com. For further information, please visit our website www.oraclecare.com
Please note: Successful applicants will be required to apply for enhanced DBS disclosure. Oracle Care & Education supports and promotes Equal Opportunities in employment and opposes all forms of unlawful discrimination on grounds of; race, nationality, ethic or national origin, sex, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief and age. You are expected to comply with Oracle’s policy on Equal Opportunities all times and to ensure that your work practice and actions re-enforce this at all times.
Oracle Care & Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. This post will be subject to an Enhanced DBS and pre-employment checks.