KEY PURPOSE OF THE JOB
- To lead and develop the work of Community Youth Project’s so that it successfully engages the disadvantaged young people of The Nightingales Estate and leaves a lasting positive impact on their lives and future prospects.
- To promote the personal, education, creative and social development of young people helping them to reach their full potential.
- To provide a supportive environment where young people learn to discover exciting new experiences and activities.
KEY ACTIVITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Management and Administration
- Survey existing youth work provision available to young people at the Nightingales Estate, identify and develop plans to address gaps in provision.
- Write, develop and secure funding to implement a business plan for the work of the charity.
- Ensure that all projects are properly documented, are delivered within budget and that work is evaluated and data input into management systems.
- Recruit, develop and line manage a team of part time staff and volunteers.
- Complete performance appraisals and identify staff training needs.
- Identify, develop and maintain strong community relationships with external stakeholders, i.e. schools and colleges, and develop relationships with youth networks in Newbury.
- Work jointly with the Administrator/Youth Support Worker to support the collection of the required outcome monitoring data.
- Implement Community Youth Project’s policies and procedures and, when necessary, advise trustees of possible improvements.
- Welcome young people into the building, ensuring everything is running smoothly and supporting young people engaging with the services.
- Deliver youth club and drop in sessions, i.e. organise games, positive activities and workshops.
- Provide information, signposting referral service and support to young people so that they can readily access resources and services.
- Plan and secure funding to deliver creative, adventurous and partnership projects.
- Plan and secure funding to deliver a summer holiday scheme.
- Support and develop the youth council, identifying and securing funding to support training opportunities.
- Act as a role model for young people, inspiring them to engage in the services.
- Have conversations with young people, identifying issues affecting them and how their needs can be met. Identify and refer when targeted youth support is needed.
- Mentor, coach and support individuals, encouraging young people to develop their self-awareness, independence and individuality.
- Stay informed on legislation, local and national issues, and best practice in youth work.
- Ensure that safeguarding and child protection policy and procedures are followed and that the safeguarding of young people is paramount.
- Carry out all duties in accordance with Community Youth Project’s policies and procedures, and with relevant legislation. Where necessary advise trustees of possible improvements.
- As duties and responsibilities change, the job description will be reviewed by trustees and amended in consultation with the post holder.
- The post holder will carry out any other duties as are within the broad scope and purpose of the job as requested by the Chair of Trustees.
Apply for Youth Worker
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly