Assistant Director - Early Years
Title: Assistant Director - Early Years
Contract: 35 hours per week, Permanent
For over 50 years, this charity has been building a better childhood for all. Their position on early years is credible & well known for their drive to improve outcomes and reduce inequalities. They deliver successful programmes, provide input to parliamentary debate and take a strategic role in the children’s sector.
Their five-year strategy sets out their priority issues across the organisation, including emotional well- being and mental health, tackling poverty and pressing for children’s services to be funded properly.
For early years, they want every child to get the best start in life, because they know that the early years are the foundation on which their future life chances are built.
- All young children whatever their background have access to high quality early education and childcare
- Parents and carers are given the right support so they can help their young children develop and learn
- Parents are supported to nurture good relationships and attachment with their child
- All families, especially the most disadvantaged, have access to high quality universal services that promote the early health and development of babies and young children.
Could you be this charity's next Assistant Director for Early Years?
Join them to lead the Early Childhood Unit and be a strong ambassador for:
- Better outcomes for all children
- An early year’s workforce of the highest quality
- All children included, making sure children with SEND can access their early education
- Collaboration across the sector, sharing the best ideas and building evidence
- experienced and knowledgeable about early childhood, sharing this organisation's commitment for high quality early years experiences for all children.
- able to engage strategically with their important stakeholders in the sector, including the statutory and PVI sector along with local authorities, government departments and OfSTED.
- bring expertise to shape future development of programmes and delivery, knowing what makes a difference.
You will be joining this organisations at an exciting time, their reach into early years has never been wider. While leading their Early Childhood Unit, you will also have opportunities to get involved with their teams working in Lambeth with the Lambeth Early Action Partnership along with research and policy, social care and public health especially where the focus is on early years.
Closing date: 9am 18th June 2019
Assessment and interviews: Interview at our London office on 2nd July 2019
To find out more information, please click the apply button. You will then be taken to a simple CHM Recruit form and then redirected to the employer’s website where you can complete your application.
Please quote job title and reference number. CV's will not be accepted.
Committed to equal opportunities.
No agencies please.