Head of Service (Front Door/MASH)
Department of Children’s Services
Children’s Social Care
Head of Service (Front Door/MASH)
Scale E - £65,242 - £74,563 pa
1 x 37 hours per week
Based within Bradford District (Currently Sir Henry Mitchell House, 4 Manchester Road, Bradford, )
The Code of Practice on the English language requirement for public sector workers, Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2016, requires that Councils ensure that all candidates applying for customer facing posts must be assessed in order to establish their fluency in English.
The criteria under special knowledge and experience on the job profile which is shown in this advert, outlines what level of fluency you will be expected to demonstrate. Therefore, it is essential that you provide examples in your application.
Bradford is a great northern city and district with a rich history and bright future. Over half a million people live here including over 150,000 children and young people under 19, making Bradford the youngest city in Europe.
To ensure we achieve even better outcomes for children and young people, we are on a journey to excellence; ensuring children are at the heart of everything we do. We are and continue to embed solution focused practice by adopting the signs of safety model with key partners across the district within our work with families and ensuring we have a clear model of care for the children and young people we look after.
Bradford is a dynamic and forward thinking council but we recognise that following our last Ofsted report we need to review how we deliver our children’s services so that we can ensure that we meet our Children’s Trust stated ambition 'For every one of our children to have the best possible start in life
We have now created an additional Head of Service to take our Front Door/MASH Services forward. Along with the other Heads of Service, and other members of the senior management team you will be responsible for the safe and effective running of our Front Door/MASH Services, ensuring that we can demonstrate that our services are good or better for children of Bradford.
You will be part of the senior management team and will report to the Deputy Director, Children’s Social Care.
You will support and challenge our 400 Social Workers and Family Support workers to ensure we consistently deliver effective work with our children and families. You will be part of a driven senior management team who are working closely together to ensure performance and professional standards are of the highest order. You will set strategic objectives and play a pivotal role in translating these into high quality service delivery.
What are we looking for from you?
• You will have a proven track record of successful management in a local government social care service, be educated to degree level and ideally have a recognised social work qualification (or equivalent)
• You will be an adept and influential communicator who has experience of successfully engaging with staff, stakeholders and politicians.
• You will have an appreciation of the complexity of leading staff through a large scale organisational change programme and/or previous senior management experience within a comparable context.
Bradford is a diverse, energizing, and challenging place in which to work, and we are only interested in recruiting staff who share our vision of delivering high quality and innovative services. Our managers must be committed to helping to develop a healthier, caring, more prosperous and sustainable District for our citizens.
To find out more about the post please contact Anne Chester-Walsh, Interim Deputy Director, Children’s Social Care, for an informal discussion on 01274 432904 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
An enhanced disclosure check with the Disclosure and Barring Service will be undertaken for this post.
To apply, please click on ‘Apply’
Closing Date: 31st May 2019
More searches like this
- Advice & guidance jobs jobs in Local authority social services
- Child protection / Safeguarding jobs in Local authority social services
- Management jobs in Local authority social services
- Social care jobs jobs in Local authority social services
- Training & workforce development jobs in Local authority social services