Youth Development Worker
YOUTH DEVELOPMENT WORKER
Full-Time, 40 hours per week, (including regular evening work)
Permanent Contract (Subject to successful probation)
Salary £25,951 to £29,582 p.a. (inc London Allowance) dependent on experience.
Are you a positive leader, looking to use your skills and experience to inspire young people? Are you motivated to create opportunities that include young people and enables each one to thrive? Are you ready for a new challenge?
Enact have a vacancy for a motivated and committed Youth Development Worker to lead our open-access community youth provision. We are looking for an experienced youth practitioner to manage our youth team and develop a range of engaging activities and training opportunities for young people aged ten to nineteen in the Enfield community. Apply for our recruitment pack to find out more.
Enfield Island Youth & Community Trust, branded locally as ‘enact’, is a charity (No. 1109131) set up to encourage and strengthen a great local community. Enact works in partnership with Oasis Community Partnerships and Oasis Hub Enfield Lock. Enact is at an exciting stage in our development and we are looking to grow our youth team, find out more at www.enact.community.
We are looking for a great all-rounder, an enthusiastic practitioner who can inspire others:
- You will be comfortable working across the age-spectrum specialising with young people aged ten to nineteen.
- You will work in community and schools-based settings, 1-2-1 and group work, holiday activities and residentials.
- You will lead our youth provision planning, delivery and evaluation.
- You will develop a team of sessional staff and volunteers to help you deliver activities.
- You will present our work to Trustees, local and national stakeholders, other relevant agencies and Funders in order to increase the resources available to the community.
You will be successful in this role if you:
- Have a relevant professional qualification (e.g. JNC, QTS, QSW or NVQ Level 3) or can demonstrate qualification by experience.
- Can successfully co-create projects with young people, their families and wider community.
- Have a proven record of leadership in community development or school projects.
.In return, Enact offer:
- Flexible working practices and family friendly policies.
- A non-contributory defined benefit pension scheme with 7% employer contributions.
- 25 days holiday per year (plus Bank Holidays), rising to 30 days after 2 years of service.
- A Long Service Award Program (including one month paid sabbatical after 6 years of service).
Enact and Oasis are committed to making a difference to the local community. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We expect all staff to share this commitment and to undergo appropriate checks, including enhanced DBS checks.
If you are interested in being part of this life-changing service and want to know more, please contact the Oasis UK Recruitment Team on email@example.com or call 0207 921 4259.
Closing date for completed applications – 9am Tuesday 4th June 2019.
Interviews will be held during the afternoon of Tuesday 11th June with ‘practical’ interviews during evening sessions on Tuesday 11h or Friday 14th June in Enfield, North London.
Oasis supports Equal Opportunities. Registered Charity No. 1026487