This organisation is looking to recruit a Play Assistant to support the day-to-day operational running of their Hullabazoo indoor play area for their best ever summer season.
Position: Play Assistant, Hullabazoo (Various Contracts Available)
Based: nr Dunstable, LU6
Position Type; Fixed Term Contract, Full-or-Part Time
Salary: £17,614 inclusive of Weekend Enhancement
About the Organisation:
Our client is an international conservation charity. Their vision is a world where wildlife thrives and they’re working every day to achieve this. From investigating the health threats facing animals, to helping people and wildlife live alongside each other, they are committed to bringing wildlife back from the brink of extinction. Through the work of their pioneering scientists, their dedicated conservationists and unrivalled animal experts in their two zoos, we guide and enable others in the UK and all across the world. Inspiring, informing, empowering – working for wildlife.
The successful candidate will contribute to the overall impression and experience of the indoor play facility, including the play area, and private hire, to exceed visitor expectations. This position will report directly to the Senior Play Supervisor, Deputy Supervisor and will work alongside the Hullabazoo Team. As a result, they need enthusiastic, confident, dedicated individuals to help deliver the best possible experience for our visitors. You will also have a passion for learning through play and have the motivation to deliver exemplary customer service.
Our client has two positions available which are:
- One full-time Maternity Cover Contract
- One part-time 6 months seasonal contract
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that visitors of all ages in Hullabazoo indoor play are safe and secure at all times.
- Assist the Senior Play Supervisor, Deputy Supervisor and Permanent Play Assistants to ensure the efficient running of the play facility at all times and the reception area where visitors are welcomed and checked in.
- Ensure that equipment and facilities available in Hullabazoo are kept clean and in accordance with health and safety regulations; and are used in an appropriate way.
- Attend to individual children’s and other visitors needs as they arise and ensure exemplary customer service at all times.
- Support the visitor satisfaction score targets of Hullabazoo are met or exceeded and respond to customer feedback to continually improve the visitor experience.
- Ensure the learning objectives of Hullabazoo are met, as communicated by the Deputy Play Supervisor.
- Sometimes it may be necessary to limit the amount of visitors in the play centre and therefore, with management from the Senior Play Supervisor or Deputy Supervisor the Seasonal Play Assistant, should manage this system of limiting play usage with the use of timed sessions and ensure excellent visitor communication and customer service at all times.
- Carry out any other duties within the scope of the post. Flexible attitude to working requirements to meet their needs.
Although experience matters to them, they are more focused on getting the right person for the role. As a result, below is a guide on what we are looking for in potential applicants:
- Able to remain positive and enthusiastic with a can-do attitude
- Good interpersonal skills in order to communicate effectively with children, parents and the Hullabazoo team
- Previous experience setting up, assisting and scheduling private hire activities, in addition to assisting visitors with their supplies, leftover food and gifts.
- Able to have fun whilst remaining professional and approachable
- Experience working within a similar environment would be desirable
- A creative flare and an interest in face painting
- Experience working in a fast paced environment with a helpful and flexible attitude
- Able to demonstrate great customer service skills
- Team orientated and able to demonstrate a real desire to make a positive difference
- Prior experience handling cash and processing card payments
- NVQ Level 1 qualification in child care or Play work would be advantageous, but not essential
Please note: The 12 months fixed-term maternity cover contract will require the successful candidate to work variable shift patterns. Typically the candidate will be on a 2 week rota. First week working a minimum of 34 hours and the second week would be a minimum 48 hours . There will also be a requirement to work every other weekend, school and bank holidays and the position is available to start immediately.
If you think you have what our client needs, they would love to have you working with them.
Closing date for applications: Midnight (23:59) Sunday 17th February 2019
To find out more information, please click the apply button. You will be taken to a simple CHM Recruit form and then redirected to the employer’s website where you can complete your application.
Our client is committed to the principle of equal opportunities in employment.
No agencies please.