Out of School Club Playleader
We are looking for passionate, enthusiastic, energetic individuals looking to develop a career in play-worker, at our FUN, exciting and busy after-schools clubs. Training and development is mandatorily once you have demonstrated the right qualities for this role. The role will focus on spending more time with the children and less time on paperwork (as this is done centrally).
Cambridge Kids Club is an experienced multi-setting wrap around childcare provider. We deliver care for approximately 250 – 300 children per day, at our 9 settings, in and around Cambridge. We have consistently been rated “GOOD” by Ofsted. Our mission is to deliver the highest standard of care, at an affordable price.
Our Playworkers tell us that they love working with us. We are looking for individuals who have a focus on care & quality, can lead teams and (goes without saying) loves working with children.
Job Title: Out of School Club Playleader
Main Purpose: Responsible for the day to day running of a breakfast, afterschool club & holiday club.
- To be a playworker
- To be responsible for the care of all children and ensure that their play opportunity are met
- To enable the child to develop in different context: social, emotional, physical and intellectual through play
- To be a role-model, lead and supervise the club staff and volunteer
- To report any concerns or problems to senior management
Hours of work: Up to 25 hours in term-time (7:30 – 9:00 & 15:00 – 18:00). During school holidays, we can offer up to 40 hours in the holiday play-schemes (operational).
Hourly Rates: Up to £12 per hour (plus Holiday Pay)
Duties and Key Responsibilities:
- To set a club routine and make sure it is followed, along with CKC’s Policies & Procedures and Working Manuals
- To promote the consultation of children within the setting in line with the Art.12 of the UNCRC
- To be responsible for the planning and resourcing of activities. To ensure club has a good variety of activities on offer to stimulate the children
- To attend all courses relevant to enhance your career and benefit the club. To encourage staff to book training
- To reflect on daily practice and continuously develop and implement the setting quality improvement action plan
Company Benefits: Company Pension, social activities, professional development, career progression, uniform provided & recognisable qualifications nationwide.