Team Manager - Children in Care
7 days left
- Contract Type
Dudley Council has the highest ambitions for our children and young people. Our vision is to give children the best start in life and to support families to be independent, responsible and successful and to ensure we provide the highest levels of public protection for our most vulnerable children. Our workforce is key to making this happen.
Hours: 37 per week
Location: Mary Steven's Park, Stourbridge
With an initial £1 million investment from cabinet, we have initiated a transformation programme to improve every aspect of our vision, partnership and corporate commitment to the services we deliver to children. Revitalised council leadership arrangements are now in place and we have accelerated our efforts to support and strengthen the services we deliver to children and families. We have made significant strides to understand ourselves better and we now know exactly where we want to be and what work needs to be done to deliver on our ambitions.
We are recruiting a Team Managers for our Children in Care Service. You will:-
- be responsible for the leadership and management of a social work team, ensuring that vulnerable children and their families receive responsive services that safeguard and promote their welfare; provide operational leadership, vision and direction by delivering service improvement within children’s social work; actively promote and contribute to the strategic developments for children and their families across Dudley borough; responsible for a team of staff from trainee social workers, ASYEs, social workers, senior social workers and support staff and accountable for ensuring the team achieves its operational plan: by promoting an appropriate culture, empowering others and setting and maintaining high and measurable standards of practice.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the children; therefore the post is subject to medical clearance and an enhanced DBS check
Recently published Ofsted report rated this area of service as good.
If this sounds like you, we look forward to receiving your application!
NB. We reserve the right to close vacancies prior to their advertised date if we receive a large number of applications.
Online application forms will only be accepted for this vacancy. If you have a disability and require assistance in making an application, or have experienced a problem whilst applying for a position, please contact the HR Resourcing Team on 01384 811300 (option 2 for Directorates, followed by option 1 for Resourcing) or via e-mail to: HR.Resourcing@dudley.gov.uk. Online facilities to apply for jobs are available at public libraries within the Dudley Borough.
For further information on Dudley Children's Social Care please go to http://www.childrenservicesjobs-dudley.org.uk/
For an informal discussion, please contact Iona Payne, Head of Service telephone: 01384 813843 or via email to email@example.com
The Council will check the information that you have provided against any details already held for accuracy and completeness. The Council will check, share and cross match your information both internally within the council and with external organisations to protect public funds and prevent or detect crime, only where the law allows us to do so. The Council’s full Privacy and Disclaimer Statement can be accessed on the website at www.dudley.gov.uk
More searches like this
- Advice & guidance jobs jobs in Local authority social services
- Child protection / Safeguarding jobs in Local authority social services
- Management jobs in Local authority social services
- Social care jobs jobs in Local authority social services
- Foster care / adoption jobs in Local authority social services