ASD and LD Teacher, Rhodes Wood Hospital School
- Contract Type
We are seeking to appoint a teacher of ASD with LD experience, for a unique opportunity to work in a brand new provision for young people aged 11-18.
You will be someone who is passionate and highly motivated to achieve the best outcomes for the young people who join the school and help to create an outstanding centre of education.
You will be working in a hospital-based school for young people with identified SEMH and neurodevelopmental needs. If you are looking for a new challenge within the SEND sector, and are committed to making a difference for young people then this opportunity could be for you!
Full or part time considered (up to 37.5 hours per week)
Salary: Dependent on skills, qualifications and experiences, up to £39,500
Start date: ASAP
- The opportunity to contribute towards a personalised curriculum that meets the needs of the individual learner
- Scope to contribute to the continuing development of our new schools as a significant member of our education team
- A package of benefits
The ideal candidate:
- has QTS and previous experience of working with children in a school setting (pre-school, primary and secondary or FE), including those with identified special educational needs with ASD and LD
- has experience delivering intervention strategies and vocational qualifications
- has excellent literacy, numeracy and ICT skills
- has the ability to use their initiative to support the learning needs of all children and work well as part of a team
- has hobbies / interests / skills that contribute to a wide curriculum offer
- is confident, caring and patient
- is interested in working with professionals from other clinical and non-clinical disciplines
- is committed to on-going training and development
Elysium Healthcare follows safer recruitment of staff for all appointments. It is a requirement that all staff understand it is each person’s individual responsibility and are committed to promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children. Candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS disclosure.
Please note the following:
- Applications are to be made using the Elysium Children and Education application form only, details below.
- CVs will not be accepted
- No agencies please
For further details and application form please contact Eileen Field, Headteacher, via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Interviews will be held on a rolling basis. We regret that if you have not heard from us by the closing date then your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Elysium Healthcare brings together a unique approach to the delivery of care and education where the people who use our service are placed at the heart of all aspects of schooling, residential placement or hospital treatment programme.
Our inclusive way of working has the individual as a true partner in their care and future goals. We recognise that each and every member of staff has an important role to play in the success of Elysium. It is with their dedication, passion and hard work that we can deliver excellent opportunities that truly benefit those who use our service.
Elysium Healthcare has a network of 70+ sites strategically placed across England and Wales that includes hospitals, schools and residential care. Elysium Children and Education is a trading name of Elysium Healthcare and represents our growing commitment to young people in this area.