Locality Children's Services Manager
Locality Children's Services Manager
£33,591 – £42,456 pa
Full time, permanent
Barnardo's is looking to appoint a Locality Children's Services Manager for Leicester, Leicestershire & Rutland. This is a dynamic role which will lead on service development across the locality whilst ensuring the continued excellence of the existing service provision in the area, namely:
CareFree Young Carers' Service:
The service has a 22-year history of providing a Whole Family Approach to working with young carers and those they care for in Leicester & Leicestershire (with a consultation/training function in Rutland). The service offers a range of practical and emotional support services to young carers and their families including group work, one to one support, advocacy and service co-ordination. CareFree staff undertake young carers' needs assessments on behalf of its commissioners: Leicester & Leicestershire local authorities and the local CCG's.
Leicestershire Partnership Trust (LPT) Whole Family Approaches Service:
This service is commissioned by LPT to help facilitate its journey towards Whole Family Approaches, with particular emphasis on Families, Young Peoples and Children's Services and Adult Mental Health Services.
Provide locality support on the new Strategic Children's Innovation Partnership with Leicestershire County Council:
In December 2018 Barnardo's partnered with Leicestershire County Council in a trailblazing project to help improve the lives of children and families.
The Children's Innovation Partnership is one of the first of its kind in the UK and signifies a new way of working.
It will bring together the council's skills and expertise with those of its key partner, Barnardo's, to design, deliver and support vulnerable children and families.
As the locality manager you will have a key role in helping to shape service design across a variety of areas.
Can you make a difference?
You will have overall accountability for managing existing locality services, as well as leading new service developments. You will also have the following duties:
· To take the senior lead for ensuring the effective safeguarding of children and young people
· Responsible for ensuring consistent delivery of services and the mobilisation of any newly acquired contracts
· To work with teams to develop the self-efficacy of children and young people
· Main point of contact for commissioners to ensure accurate and timely information is delivered to meet contractual requirements
· Ensure all contract delivery indicators are met
· Represent Barnardo's and/or the Voluntary and Community sector at a strategic level across the locality
· Ensure management information compliance
· Provide specialist consultation and support to the team on complex cases or issues
· Work to reduce barriers to effective delivery as and when they arise
· Collate learning as it arises and sharing best practice across Barnardo's services nationally
· Managing service transition as and when required to do so by commissioners and/or Barnardo's
· Support the development of teams by ensuring effective supervision and CPD
You should have the following experience:
· Extensive experience and knowledge of the safeguarding implications for children and young people, particularly those at risk from the ‘trio of vulnerabilities'
· Knowledge of legislation relevant to the existing services including the Children and Family Act and the Care Act
· Working with young carers or managing young carers' service provision
For further information and to apply, please click on the apply button to be redirected to our website.
Closing date: 3 February 2019
Interviews: 14 February 2019
Barnardo’s Registered Charity Nos 216250 and SC037605.