Children's Social Worker
Children's Social Worker HCC91
Salary Range: £32,109 - £36,139 per annum
Market Supplement: £1,400 per annum
Work Location: Various locations available, including Hart & Rushmoor, Fareham & Gosport, Winchester & Eastleigh, New Forest, Havant, Test Valley, Basingstoke and East Hants
Hours per week: 37
Contract Type: Permanent
Person to contact for an informal discussion: Laura Mallinson, District Manager (Children and Families) on 01420 545638
What are we doing for our social workers?
- Provide you with a hybrid tablet device, so you can work on the move, making you more effective and flexible in your role.
- Allocate you a personal assistant, who will provide crucial back office support to free up more of your time to focus on professional practice.
- Provide five personal development days per annum, to experience working in different teams and practice areas.
- Provide flexible working options to fit around today’s lifestyles.
- As a large authority we provide many progression opportunities.
- Offer up to £8,500 assistance with relocation for those experienced social workers to make the move to Hampshire (subject to management approval).
As a Hampshire County Council Children’s Social Worker, you will be working for one of the five top performing children’s social care authorities. You’d also be part of our work as a Department for Education ‘Partner in Practice’ – trailblazing new ways of working to update and enhance social work practice across the country.
You will receive a strong commitment from us to work with you in your development, whilst ensuring you have the working conditions you need for good practice to flourish.
Using best practice, you will strive to provide the best outcomes for children and help them to remain living with their parents or wider family wherever possible.
For those looking for their first step into a social work career, you can apply for our Newly Qualified Social Worker Graduate Entry Training scheme. For more details of Social Work Careers in Hampshire County Council please visit our website.
This post is subject to a criminal records check. As such, please note that under safer recruitment requirements, references will be requested prior to interview.
Hampshire County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults. We expect all employees, workers and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment.
Corporate Equalities Employment Policy: In order to combat indirect discrimination, no unnecessary conditions or requirements will be applied to any for achieving equality of opportunity in its employment practices. All sections of the population will have equal access to jobs. No applicant or employee will receive less favourable treatment because of their gender, disability, age, ethnic or national origin, marital status, creed, sexuality, trade union activity or responsibility for dependants unless a Genuine Occupational Qualification (GOQ) applies. In order to combat indirect discrimination, no unnecessary conditions or requirements will be applied to which would have a disproportionately adverse effect on any one group.