Senior Youth Work Practitioner
Senior Youth Work Practitioner
Salary: £33.950 - £36.705
Working Hours: Full Time
Location: Manor Park
About the Organisation
This Borough is an extremely diverse borough with one of the highest populations of under 25’s in Britain.
Our client delivers an inspirational universal youth service to young people; and against a backdrop of austerity, they continue to prioritise young people and ensure their interests, ideas and concerns are at the heart of all they do.
Youth Zones are vibrant and innovative places of learning, they have over 36,000 attendances each year and young people tell them that their Zones are places where they feel safe, inspired and sufficiently challenged as they make their transition towards adulthood.
The borough's new Mayor has pledged to double the youth offer over the next four years and aspires to develop a platinum offer which will be a blueprint for putting the informal, social and personal education of young people centre stage in the UK.
About the Job
This is an exciting and demanding opportunity to lead a team of front line youth work practitioners operating with a diverse borough with the highest demographic of young people aged under 25 years old in London.
If you would like to join this expanding service as a senior youth work practitioner you will need to be passionate about improving life chances for vulnerable young people and set high standards for yourself and others. You will be a strong leader able to effectively lead and support a team to deliver their curriculum offer.
Your principle role will:
- Commit to continue the development of fantastic personal and social developmental opportunities on offer across these Youth Zones
- Have an in depth understanding of contemporary multiple challenges young people face; and be able to deliver high impact services which produce tangible outcomes for the young people you'll work with and support.
- Develop a wide range of additional partnerships opportunities that enrich their core programme
- Work within complex safeguarding hub with integrity and grip to ensure young people are safeguarded from harm and are able to thrive and safely navigate their transition towards adulthood.
- Co produce inspirational programmes which ensure young people have fun, develop healthy networks and develop their voice through active participation which effects positive change.
Successful candidates will need to be able to start by beginning of January.
Closing date for applications: 17th October.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to attend for interview and additionally a presentation to our client's young people's panel on 29th October.
To find out more information please click the apply button. You will be taken to a simple CHM Recruit form and then redirected to the website where you can apply for this position.
The organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All posts are subject to pre-employment checks, references will be sought and successful candidates will need to undertake an enhanced DBS check..
No agencies please.