Team Manager - National FGM Centre
Team Manager - National FGM Centre
£26,966 – £36,680 pa
Full-time, Permanent / Fixed term funded post
GENUINE OCCUPATIONAL REQUIREMENT
Barnardo's considers that being female is a Genuine Occupational Requirement for this post under Schedule 9 of the Equality Act 2010.
Please note this is a Permanent Fixed Term Funding post - Funding ends March 2020.
This is an exciting opportunity to be an integral part of the National FGM Centre. Working across London, you will lead on supporting the objectives of the National FGM Centre.
The National FGM Centre, funded through the Department of Education's Children's Social Care Innovation Programme and run jointly by Barnardo's and the Local Government Association, is working to deliver a system change in social work services for girls affected by female genital mutilation and their families, working with statutory agencies, government departments and local community organisations. The operation of the Centre is the placement of social workers in local authorities and the provision of advice and training to local services. The Centre, which has previously worked on FGM only, will now cover other harmful practices, including breast ironing and abuse linked to faith or belief.
The Team Manager will be responsible for managing Social Workers and Senior Social Workers located across a number of local authorities in London. The post holder may also be required to hold a small caseload of more complex cases in order to maintain their skills in direct work.
We are looking for someone who wants to progress their career. Social work qualified, you will have extensive post qualification experience of working across a range of cases, from early help to complex child protection. As Team Manager, you will be working in a multi-agency environment managing a geographically dispersed team of social workers based in local authorities, some with delegated authority, dealing with a wide range of cases, including complex child protection and court cases. Specialist training to build knowledge will be provided.
The position will be based in a London Borough, with a requirement to work across the local authorities in London where the National FGM Centre is providing services, so you must be willing to travel regularly in line with service requirements.
- Be part of an innovative team of specialist social workers
- Have the opportunity to improve practice in a relatively new safeguarding area and in so doing inform policy and guidance
- Form links with and engage with professionals internationally
- Represent the Centre at high profile engagements
Working for Barnardo's, you will have access to a fantastic range of benefits including:
- Salary exchange pension scheme
- Up to £45,222 per annum including allowances
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Childcare Vouchers
- Cycle to Work schemes
- Access to discounts for things such as RAC membership, holidays and cinema tickets
For further information and to apply, please click on the apply button to be redirected to our website.
Closing date: 30 September 2018.
Barnardo’s Registered Charity Nos 216250 and SC037605.
More searches like this
- Child protection / Safeguarding jobs in Local authority social services
- Education / Special educational needs jobs in Local authority social services
- Management jobs in Local authority social services
- Rights & participation jobs in Local authority social services
- Social care jobs jobs in Local authority social services