Airplay Sessional Youth Worker
A career that's life-changing
Location: RAF Cosford, Wolverhampton
Hours: Permanent, Part-Time (working 6 hours a week - but some flexibility required)
Salary: £10.30 to £10.50 per hour
How Action for Children works
Action for Children does what's right, does what's needed and does what works for children across the UK.
Every year, our team changes the lives of 370,000 children, young people and their families – but for every child who needs help to get help, there's plenty more to do. That's where you come in.
As an Airplay Sessional Youth Worker, you'll liaise with other care agencies and care professionals to directly support children, young people and their families, agreeing and providing specialised intervention services in line with our business plan.
You'll significantly improve young people's lives:
- By providing innovative and exciting youth and play work to young people aged 8 to 18.
- By working alongside our RAF colleagues to support children and young people from the RAF community.
- By supporting young people through various stages of their lives.
- By being part of a much loved project across the entire RAF.
- A level 2 (or above) qualification in Youth Work, or a willingness to complete the course.
- Previous experience of delivering a programme of activities with young people, both individually and in groups.
- The ability to plan, prepare and facilitate activities with young people.
- An understanding of the values and principles underpinning youth work.
- An understanding of the issues involved in working with young people from military communities.
- Minimum 29 days' holiday (pro rata)
- Flexible working, including maternity, paternity and adoption packages
- Season ticket travel loans
- Company pension scheme
- Discounts at major high street retailers.
Plus, there's a lot more besides.
This is a fantastic opportunity to make a real difference to vulnerable children's lives and to build a fulfilling and meaningful career with a leading UK children's charity.
Action for Children is committed to safer recruitment practices, designed to protect the welfare of the children and young people using our services.
For more information on this opportunity please contact Izabela on 07741 742775 or email her at Izabela.Czerniawska@actionforchildren.org.uk