Location: Wittering - Peterborough
Contract Type: Permanent, Full Time
Salary: £7,600 per annum
Closing Date: 17 August 2018
Introducing Spring Nurseries
A modern nursery for the under 5s, we've got over 40 locations throughout the UK – and we're growing all the time! Our nurseries provide an energetic and inclusive environment for children to discover their individuality and confidence before going to school; a safe place for them to freely explore. We can only do this if we have the right Early Years Professionals working for us. As a Nursery Apprentice, you'll help to improve children's lives while shaping your career.
At RAF Wittering we have a purpose built Nursery, that caters for 100 babies and Nursery aged children. We have a large and supportive team who will help you every step of the way to achieve your qualification and starting your career with Spring.
At Spring we are passionate about your career, our Apprentices have progressed to Early Years Assistants once they complete their qualification and are now taking the next step to becoming Practitioners with us. You will have a Mentor as well as your learning provider Assessor to work with you throughout your training and on to the next steps. Its exciting stuff, are you ready to join?
Reliable and child-focused, you'll be the difference in these young lives; someone who's committed to providing a practical yet caring service to support our youngsters and their families. You will:
- Work alongside nursery practitioners in supporting children's development, participating, planning and setting up activities for a range of children
- Develop successful relationships with children and their families
- Observe and track children's development and share this with parent/carers and other professionals
- Support children during mealtimes and toilet training
- Attend monthly staff meetings and 6 monthly parents/carers evenings
- Work within a team of 28 other staff members, caring for up to 100 children aged from 3 months to 5 years
- Complete an apprenticeship to gain your childcare qualification, working within the setting to support the completion of your coursework and studies.
- To be willing to undertake your Apprenticeship training with one of our education providers
- You will want to start your career and build on this within Early Years
- Be willing to work on a shift t pattern basis, our earliest shift starts at 07:30 and the latest finish time we have is 18:00
- Our Nursery is located in a village with limited public transport, we do try and plan your shifts around the local bus routes if you do not drive
- GCSE grade C or above in Maths and English
- Experience of childcare.
- Minimum 25 days' annual leave
- Flexible working, including maternity, paternity and adoption packages
- Season ticket travel loans
- Company pension scheme
- Discounts at major high street retailers.
Plus, there's a lot more besides.
You may not know this, but our nurseries are owned by Action for Children, a leading children's charity. Our profits are reinvested in the charity to help support some of the UK's most vulnerable children. So, when you work for Spring Nurseries, you really are making a difference to children's lives.
This is a fantastic opportunity to support, guide and inspire these young children in their pre-school adventure – while building a fulfilling and meaningful career.
We are an equal opportunities employer and aim to recruit as diverse a workforce as possible. This ties in with our advocacy of the importance of having both male and female role models in Early Years development.
Spring is committed to safer recruitment practices, designed to protect the welfare of the children and young people using our services.
If you meet all the criteria and would like to proceed with your application, you'll be redirected to an application form on our website which should only take around 5 minutes to complete. Please have your CV handy to upload. As this job involves working around children, there are some specific questions we need to ask you as part of your application process. Thanks for taking the time to apply and we wish you the best of luck!