Practitioner (School & Home Support) - Charity
Looking for a new challenge for the new academic year?
Our client is a dynamic charity with proven impact. For over 30 years it has been working with children and young people struggling to stay in school due to a wide range of complex family issues. They get children and young people back into school ready to learn, whatever it takes.
School-Home Support Practitioner
A Secondary School in Stratford, Newham
Full time role, 5 days per week in a secondary school (term time only)
Salary from: £20,574 pa depending on experience
The post-holder will be based within this secondary school and work in close partnership with school staff to deliver a programme of casework and other activities to promote educational outcomes for disadvantaged children and families.
The role’s main focus will be on improving school attendance and engagement in learning through building a bridge between the School and the home, including regular home visits and other forms of outreach work.
The successful candidate will work with the whole family to tackle issues which are causing poor attendance and behaviour, as well as helping parents to become more engaged with their child’s learning.
Purpose of the role:
- To contribute to raising achievement by improving school attendance
- To provide a specialist service to assist the school in meeting their obligations and targets in relation to school attendance, especially persistent absence.
- To promote positive attitudes by students and families towards education and to ensure that parents are made fully aware of their statutory responsibilities.
- To undertake home visits to assess the reasons impacting the attendance of students.
- To establish and develop a service to support the school in raising attendance, persistent absence and improving punctuality.
Duties of the role include:
- monitoring school attendance
- producing attendance reports
- implementation of strategies to improve school attendance, persistent absence and improve punctuality
- providing 1:1 emotional and practical support for families to improve attendance
- encouraging parental engagement
- undertake home visits to establish reasons for nonattendance
- undertake work supporting improved attendance across the whole school
- undertake 1:1 targeted work to improve school attendance with children who are persistently absent
- collate and utilise data and statistics and produce reports for the school and school governors
- Initiate appropriate legal action to ensure that the school is carrying out its statutory responsibility in respect of students
Closing date for applications is: Midnight 21st August 2018
First stage interviews to be held on: Tuesday 28th August 2018
Second stage interviews at the School: To be advised
To Apply and for More Information:
Please click the apply button. You will be taken to a simple CHM Recruit form and then redirected to the employer’s website where you can complete your application.
The organisation takes very seriously the duty of care to safeguard and promote the welfare of children and is committed to ensuring that their safeguarding practice reflects statutory responsibilities, government guidance and complies with best practice. Their safeguarding policy recognises that the welfare and interests of children are paramount in all circumstances.
Our client is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
All roles above are subject to an Enhanced DBS Check.
No agencies please.