Fostering Social Worker
4 days left
- Contract Type
Fostering Social Worker (0280)
Hours: Permanent, Full-Time (working 37 hours a week)
Salary: Circa £34,000
How we work:
Action for Children does what's right, does what's needed and does what works for children in the UK. Every year, our team changes the lives of 370,000 children, young people and families.
We assess, train and support Foster Carers to provide stable family homes to young people who have survived trauma so a therapeutic approach is a vital part of our work. We are looking for a Fostering Social Worker
How you'll make a difference:
By supporting carers with the daily and hourly challenges and rewards of caring for troubled young people and children;
By working imaginatively and energetically with other professionals in schools, local authorities and others to ensure children's voices are heard and their best possible outcomes achieved;
By delivering excellent, evidence-informed and therapeutic practice as a member of a skilled and motivated team;
By participating a culture of learning and continuing professional development for carers and staff.
What you'll need:
- A social work qualification
- HCPC registration
- Knowledge and experience of fostering or strong transferable skills
- Commitment to our child centred values
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of (or willingness to learn) therapeutic approaches to care
- Willingness to work flexibly including participation in an out-of-hours telephone support rota for carers
- Ability to complete work to timescales
- Strong teamwork
- Ability to offer some evening and weekend work (e.g. information events or training)
- Willingness to travel and a clean driving licence.
In return we'll offer you the rewards of a competitive salary and benefits package, ongoing continuous professional development, and participation in motivated, therapeutically-led services judged Good or Outstanding by Ofsted.
Please note: Interviews are planned to be held on Wednesday 1st August 2018.
For more information on this opportunity please contact Moni Ali on 07741 742249 or email her at Moni.Ali@actionforchildren.org.uk quoting reference 0280.