Team Manager - Fostering
Location: Newport, Gwent
Hours: Permanent, Full-Time (working 37 hours a week)
Salary: Circa £42,000 per annum
How we work:
Action for Children does what's right, does what's needed and does what works for children in the UK. Every year, our team changes the lives of 370,000 children, young people and families.
Fostering Wales is a sector-leading service coordinating our Fostering in Wales to recruit, assess and support fostering parents as well as matching fostering referrals from Local Authorities to foster parents. We have recently received an excellent report.
How you'll make a difference:
- By managing the day-to-day delivery of a therapeutic, professional and safe fostering service
- By ensuring regulatory compliance
- By holding line management responsibility and for leading, coaching and mentoring of direct reports.
- By supervising and supporting an experienced team of social workers
- By liaising with external agencies
- By chairing reviews with foster families.
What you'll need:
- Social Work Degree (or predecessor social work qualification)
- Registration with Social Care Wales as qualified Social Worker
- QCF level 5 Management or equivalent or willingness to undertake the qualification
- Experience at a supervisory level of fostering services with a clear understanding of how to develop and maintain high achieving social work teams
- Understanding of the CIW regulatory framework for fostering and experience of managing consistent compliance
- Insight into therapeutic practice with traumatised children and a willingness to learn
- Proven skills in managing, maintaining and applying office electronic and manual administrative systems, including relational databases
- Excellent understanding of the principles of good customer care
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to function under pressure working toward achieving the best outcomes for our children and fostering families
- Excellent leadership skills and the ability to build rapport and develop relationships with a variety of people.
How we reward you:
- 29 days holiday plus public/bank holidays
- We support you and welcoming new additions to your family – flexible maternity, adoption and paternity packages
- We have a contribution scheme that matches a maximum of 7% employee and 7% employer contributions which includes a death in service benefit.
Please note: Interviews are planned to be held the week commencing 23rd July 2018.
For more information on this opportunity please give Matthew Lewis a call on 01633 270422 or email him at Matthew.Lewis@actionforchildren.org.uk quoting reference number 0323.