Safeguarding Duty Officer
2 days left
- Contract Type
We have an opportunity available for a Safeguarding Duty Officer to join our national Safeguarding Team based in Gilwell Park, Chingford. The role is offered on a full time basis working 35 hours per week for a fixed term contract of 6 months. You will receive a competitive salary of £34,535 per annum inclusive of OLW.
About the Safeguarding Duty Officer role
As part of the Safeguarding Team you will be responsible for offering support and advice to local volunteer managers in responding to concerns or complaints affecting the safety and welfare of young people, including significant liaison work with statutory agencies. This role will focus on acting as the Duty Officer, dealing with initially management of Safeguarding cases.
We are looking for an enthusiastic safeguarding professional with significant experience of managing safeguarding issues UK wide, who is confident working with both statutory agencies and volunteers. The successful individual will be required to undertake ad hoc weekend work and take part in the out of hours call rota which will require some out of office hour’s work.
What we can offer you as our Safeguarding Duty Officer
- Free Parking
- Simply Health Scheme
- Generous Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Additional holidays over Christmas
What we are looking for in our Safeguarding Duty Officer …
- Educated to A level standard or higher.
- Professional qualification in safeguarding/child protection / significant experience.
- Knowledge of the Scout Movement and its operational structures.
- Understanding, acceptance of fundamental values of Scouting
- Knowledge of DBS processes UK wide.
- Good interpersonal skills and effective communication skills.
- Ability to undertake assigned tasks within deadlines.
- Able to work within a team as well as on own initiative.
- Experience of making referrals to statutory agencies Maintaining strategic partnerships with other agencies.
Scouting and Scout Adventures changes lives. We make a positive difference in our communities and improve the life chances and outcomes of young people from every background. We get the chance to work with young people at the most important time in their lives: their childhood.
So if you would like to join the team as a Safeguarding Duty Officer then please click ‘Apply’ today – don’t miss out, we’d love to hear from you!
Details of closing and Interview date
Closing date: Tuesday 17th July 2018 at 12pm
Interview Date: Friday 20th July 2018
Strictly no agencies