Registered Manager Children’s Home
Leicester – The Y (Leicester YMCA)
Registered Manager Children’s Home - £33,292 - £37,694
Full-Time 40 Hours per Week (including 1 hour meal break)
Other Benefits include: Free Health Cash Plan, Employee Advice Line and Pension Scheme.
The Y (Leicester YMCA) is a multi-faceted community organisation providing a range of community services to the people of Leicester and Leicestershire. As an established accommodation and support provider working with challenged and complex young people, The Y has decided to extend its service into children and social care services. As such we are looking to recruit a Registered Manager to set up and manage our new Children’s Home.
You should be highly motivated and committed to putting the needs of children & young people first and creating an environment that is safe and enables the children living there to grow and thrive.
We want you to be caring, nurturing, supportive, creative hardworking and prepared to go the extra mile to ensure our children & young people get the best possible care and support. You will have an understanding of complex needs, trauma and attachment disorders and recognise that the young people you will be responsible for have had a range of challenging backgrounds.
You will be responsible for staff recruitment, retention and line management ensuring the best possible standards are reached and maintained and manifest in positive outcomes for the children living there, alongside the Responsible Individual.
The home will have 3 beds to accommodate a maximum of 3 children between the ages of 7 to 18 (with no more than 5 years in between) at any one time and is intended to achieve Ofsted Registration by October 2018.
Closing Date: Monday 25th June 2018
The Person needs:
- The desire to make a difference in the lives of Children and Young People
- An ability to work autonomously with diligence, consistency and cheer
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- A passion and energy for delivering quality care
- Strong leadership qualities and a desire to lead by example
- The skills to deal effectively with crises and emergencies
- A commitment to create an environment that is homely and reflects the ethos of The Y
- To meet the needs of and promote the development of the children.
- Establish and monitor high quality standards of care in line with the Children’s Homes regulations
- Work in partnership with a range of professionals partners and stakeholders to safeguard and promote the welfare of children and young people
- Have knowledge of the OFSTED inspection framework
- Develop a confident, competent and consistent staff team and provide leadership and guidance
- Be involved in the recruitment and retention of staff
- To ensure staff are adequately trained, supported and supervised
- To develop & maintain the effective operation of the home
The Experience and Qualifications required:
- At least 3 year’s relevant experience in a position relevant to the residential care of children with at least 1 year managing or supervising staff within a residential care setting within the last 5 years.
- Experience of working within a team that achieved a ‘Good’ Ofsted rating.
- Successful achievement of Level 5 Diploma in Leadership and Management for Residential Child Care (equivalent or working towards it)
- A flexible approach to working hours and provide an on call emergency response service
- Full clean driving licence held for at least 2 years
This opportunity is subject to receipt of acceptable references and enhanced DBS check.
For full job description and application form please click on the 'Apply' button, which will take you to our website.