Senior Growth and Development Officer
We are looking for a Senior Growth and Development Officer to join our team in a home based position based in the North. The role is full time, permanent, working 35 hours per week. You will receive a competitive salary of £32,775 per annum plus benefits.
About the role
The purpose of this role is to lead and manage our funded growth and development officers in the North East and North West, creating and maintaining good relationships with our partners and funders whilst ensuring that our projects reach their objectives and contribute to the movement’s growth goals for 2023. The Senior Growth and Development Officer will work closely with the Area Growth and Development Manager to ensure we are able to respond to supporting programmes of work in the new strategy, in particular those that link with growth such as reaching new communities.
What we can offer you as our a Senior Growth and Development Officer:
- Simply Health Scheme
- Company Car
- Generous Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
What we are looking for in our a Senior Growth and Development Officer:
- Ability to work independently of direct supervision as well as part of a team
- Manage a diverse workload
- Possess a high level of relationship skills for a diverse range of stakeholders
- Able to address performance issues
- Be an effective trainer
- Be committed to the fundamentals and values of Scouting
- A good understanding of the issues that affect young people
- Able to operate from home based office accepting the constraints this places on personal/family life
- Live in a geographical location to enable effective management of staff and liaison with volunteers in the relevant Region
- Able and willing to work frequent evenings and weekends
- Able and willing to travel extensively, including spending frequent nights away from home
As Scouts, we believe in empowering young people with skills for life. We encourage our young people to do more, learn more and be more. Each week, we give over 450,000 young people the opportunity to enjoy fun and adventure while developing the skills they need to succeed, now and in the future. We believe in bringing people together. We celebrate diversity and stand against intolerance, always. We’re a worldwide movement, creating stronger communities and inspiring positive futures.
So if you would like to join the team as our new Senior Growth and Development Officer then please click ‘Apply’ today – don’t miss out, we’d love to hear from you!
Details of closing and Interview date
Closing date: Thursday 14th June 2018
Interview Date: Wednesday 20th June 2018 in Leeds
Strictly no agencies