Church Youth Leader
3 days left
- Contract Type
Church Youth Leader (paid part-time position) To run a youth group on Friday evenings and interactive bible study on Sunday mornings.
Purpose of appointment
To create a fun, stimulating and safe environment where young people from the ages of 10-18 years olds will meet to engage with each other and have fun in an atmosphere where they can also invite others. The aim is to transform lives, equip them for effective service, and encourage them to grow spiritually and reach out to others. The youth leader will serve as a spiritual leader and role model to the youth.
As a Youth Leader, you will join our church ministry leadership team; build a youth team and help plant fresh expressions of church and community work amongst disaffected young people. This is an exciting opportunity to work with young people of all faiths and in a variety of settings.
- To be directly responsible to the Senior Pastor for spiritual and ministry guidance.
- Attend a monthly feedback session with Senior Pastor.
- Present holiday requests to the Senior Pastor at least one month in advance. It will be the responsibility of the Church Leadership to secure a placement.
- Connect with other youth leaders/workers and organisations, community youth groups etc to achieve ends.
- To be responsible for managing a youth programme from the ages of 10-18 i.e. run a group for 10-15 year olds and 15-18 year olds.
- Lead the Y Factor youth group (10-15 years old) on Sunday mornings, work with ministry leaders to ensure the smooth transition of children, from children’s ministry to youth ministry.
- To spend time in the community talking to the young people and inviting them to join in youth activities.
- Preparation of teaching material, resources for lessons and the delivery of the lesson.
- To radically challenge the youth to be different.
- To devise programmes that will enable the youth to invite their friends to participate.
- To cast a vision for, and energise the youth to know and believe that they are the hope for our community and nation.
- Encourage the youth to take up serving opportunities in the church and the community as a means of service to the Lord, training for future careers and potential experience gained.
- Provision of pastoral care for designated young people.
- Supervision of young people in your care at designated hours.
- Provision of a supportive, caring and safe environment for the youth.
- Christian Character: The youth leader must be a practising Christian and have a heart for God, and a desire to grow in faith, in agreement with the vision of the church.
- Personal Qualities: The youth leader must have a passion for the youth and a pastoral heart to see the youth grow in their relationship with Christ.
- Gifting: The youth leader will have a gift of evangelism and/or able to explain the bible to others.
- Work Experience: Previous experience in youth work is essential but candidates/applicants with relevant experience or transferrable skills will also be considered.
- Delivering Results: Candidates must be self-motivated, highly organised, energetic and practical, with a proven record of organising and delivering first rate youth work and/or school lessons.
- Partnership Building: The role requires an ability to work in partnership with local councils and schools.
- Managing change: to be able to help young people transition from Y Factor (10-15 year olds in the church) to fully participate in the adult services.
This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
There is an occupational requirement for the role holder to be a Christian in accordance with the Equality Act 2010, Schedule 9, Part 1 S.3
No CV's, please complete the application form and return it to email@example.com
Deadline is Tuesday 2 August 2018
Interviews on Thursday 14 August 2018