Family Support Worker
Family Support Worker
Location: One YMCA, Charter House, Watford WD17 2RT (Multi-Site Travel)
Hours: Part – Time, (30 hours) - Fixed Term for 12 months
Salary: £18,129 per annum
Are you a qualified Family Support Worker looking for the next step in your career? Do you have experience of working in a family support capacity, including developing and delivering a range of engagement activities, information, advice and support to families? If so, then this role might be for you!
One YMCA is currently recruiting for an experienced, qualified, knowledgeable and passionate Family Support Worker to join their Hostel team based in Watford & other sites.
The primary focus of the Family Support Worker’s role is to provide a range of engagement activities, information support and advice to tenants and families at our hostel and within the community, including home visits. The post holder is expected to have a `hands on’ approach to the delivery of services. The job requires working flexible hours in line with the needs of the service
Essential Knowledge, skills & Experience
- An understanding of the problems facing homeless people, homelessness issues and experience of working with a vulnerable client group
- Knowledge of benefits provision, money /( income management,??)
- Knowledge of the range of services and support available through other agencies (statutory, voluntary)
- Relevant Housing qualification (Level 3) or above
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of person-centred planning and the delivery of life-skills development within a relevant field
- IT Literate – including use of Microsoft Office and some administration skills and experience
- First Aid certificate (or a willingness to undertake training)
- Experience of working in a family support capacity, including developing and delivering a range of support to families
- Understanding the issues faced by diverse communities and barriers to inclusion
- Awareness of the roles and responsibilities of other agencies and professional working with families
For a full Job Description and to Apply, click on the 'Apply' button which will take you to our website.
For further information please contact HR on 01923 353 610
This role is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Closing Date: Midnight Sunday 3rd June 2018
Interview Date: TBC