Service Delivery Manager
ABOUT SPARK INSIDE
Spark Inside delivers coaching programmes in prisons to promote rehabilitation and decrease violence and reoffending. We are committed to our vision of a criminal justice system that priorities rehabilitation. We work collaboratively with a broad range of organisations and are constantly innovating, developing and evolving.
Spark Inside now seeks a Service Delivery Manager who thrives when building relationships with young people, and has the passion and drive to achieve outcomes in a challenging environment.
The Service Delivery Manager has an exciting on-the- ground position, mainly based within prisons in Greater London and Kent. S/he is responsible for engaging clients onto Spark Inside’s programmes to maximise attendance, retention and impact. S/he is also responsible for managing programme coaches, coordinating delivery sessions and supporting programme monitoring and evaluation.
The right person will share a passion for our cause, and a commitment to high standards of delivery. S/he will be determined, resilient and persistent with a strong track record in engaging people. S/he will have a can-do attitude, great persuasion skills, tenacity and optimism with the ability to think on her/his feet to solve problems. S/he will enjoy working in a chaotic environment, won’t take “no” for an answer and will make things happen.
Applicants must demonstrate the following knowledge, skills and experience
- Qualification in Youth Work/Community Work;
- At least two years experience of youth work, including vulnerable groups;
- At least two years experience of project delivery and management;
- A proven track record of increasing engagement;
- Experience of handling confidential issues discreetly;
- (Desirable) Experience working within the prison system;
- (Desirable) Sales experience in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Understanding of issues facing young people in prison;
- (Desirable) Understanding of coaching techniques;
- Outstanding people skills and the ability to engage with people from a variety of backgrounds and perspectives, maintaining boundaries;
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing to a range of different audiences;
- Detail orientated, with the ability to manage a range of tasks and ensure all deadlines are met.
- Ability to keep calm under pressure, with tact and patience, when working in difficult environments;
- Self-motivated and internally driven with the ability to quickly establish strong relationships;
- Comfortable in a small team environment, with limited structure;
- Willing to work flexibly (including variable hours) and develop the role to best meet
the needs of a growing organisation;
- Demonstrable passion, interest, and commitment to Spark Inside’s vision.
For more information and an application pack, please contact Charlie Cole: 020 3468 0706