The Red Oak is one of more than 50 Sure Start centres serving Surrey. Our area takes in Merstham, Bletchingley and Nutfield, and offers a “one-stop shop” offering advice, information, support and activities for children aged 0-5 and their parents or carers as well as a 24 place pre-school. We are looking for an enthusiastic, proactive and committed person, who shares our passion and commitment to improving the outcomes for the children and families in our area, to join our friendly team.
Fixed Term contract until 31st March 2019
Full –Time (36 hours) however can be flexible for the right candidate
Salary: £24,642 to £28,590 (Pay scale 7)
- To ensure that all families within the Children’s Centre area are aware of the services available at the Children’s Centre and that families in most need are supported to access these services.
- To ensure that all parents and carers in the Children’s Centre reach area have access to the support they need to get involved with their children’s development, health, learning and wellbeing, to give them the best possible start in life.
- To provide outreach family support to all families that include young children 0 – 5 years at risk of social exclusion, in order to reduce inequalities within the Children’s Centre area.
- To provide outreach and family support to families in most need that include children 0-5 to identify, assess and evaluate the outcome of the impact the intervention has achieved.
- To contact all families to promote the services available in the Children’s Centre reach area including early year’s provision, health, family support, and employment related services.
- To provide, in partnership with health and other agencies, a home visiting family support service to those identified as needing additional support, with the aim of enabling them to access group services within the centre.
- To plan, develop and evaluate activities within the Children’s Centre reach area to support Fathers in their role within their family and the community and encourage their involvement in all aspects of the Children’s Centre, in response to local consultation.
- To plan, implement and evaluate an outreach service for parents in targeted groups and parents to be, encouraging their involvement in all aspects of the Children’s Centre in response to local consultation.
- To plan, evaluate, set up and deliver a range of activities for children, families and carers within the Children’s Centre reach area based on the core purpose of Children’s Centres to support the developmental needs of young children ensuring that up to date evidence based practice methods are used.
- To keep accurate and safe records adhering to relevant policies regarding confidentiality and information sharing and take part in appropriate supervision.
- To be responsible for keeping up to date with and adhering to all relevant policies, procedures and multi-agency working protocols related to the post, including Lone worker training.
- To facilitate, in partnership with other practitioners and agencies, a range of outcome-based family learning and parenting programmes within the Children’s Centre reach area.
- To attend relevant meetings and training, some of which may be out of normal working hours.
- To keep up to date with best practice and support continuous professional development.
We encourage applicants to visit the Children’s Centre before submitting their application.
For more information about this role, to book a visit or to request an application pack, please contact Jane Chappell (Centre Manager) or Mary Osman ( Deputy Manager) on 01737 645908, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.theredoak.org.uk.
To Apply, please download and complete the application form from the 'Supporting Documents' section below and send it to email@example.com
The closing date for applications is Friday 20th April (Shortlisting will take place on 23rd April and interviews on Thursday 26th April)
We are an equal opportunities employer which is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We fully expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Any successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure and suitable references.