G5 Education Team x2 (CEOP)
G5 Education Team x2
1 Permanent and 1 a 2 Year Fixed Term Placement
Vacancy Reference Number: HP1008701DB
Closing Date: Midday on Friday 27th April 2018
Salary: The salary for this position is £25,713. Where existing Civil Servants apply on transfer to the NCA at the equivalent grade, pay principles on Civil Service transfers will apply.
Additional London Weighting Allowance of £3,258.
Would you like the opportunity to contribute to the safeguarding children against the threat of child sexual exploitation and abuse?
The CEOP Command is a high-profile part of the National Crime Agency, attracting significant attention from Ministers, parliament and a wide range of stakeholders both in the UK and abroad.
As an Education Officer you will be part of a small and dynamic team whose role it is to:
- Help maintain and develop CEOPs education programme Thinkuknow
- Translate the very latest research and intelligence into educational resources used with millions of UK children.
- Support projects developing new educational resources, such as lesson plans and activities for use in schools.
- Maintain the Thinkuknow website, creating relevant content on a weekly basis for children and young people, parents, carers and professionals.
- Design and deliver training on the very latest developments in children's online safety to professionals from across the children’s workforce on the CEOP Ambassador course and represent CEOP at national forums when requested.
As with all roles in CEOP, this role may involve some infrequent exposure to child abuse material. Officers must therefore undertake a psychological wellbeing assessment before taking up post and at regular intervals once in the role.
Candidates are required to provide evidence against the following;
2) Teamwork and Partnership
4) Negotiating and Influencing
5) Problem solving
Candidates are required to provide evidence against the following Entry Criteria;
1) An understanding of child protection, particularly online
2) Excellent writing skills
3) Experience of creating or delivering education or communications resources.
Please visit our website by clicking the 'Apply' button and apply by inputting the reference details.