Midlands, Yorkshire and South Regions
(Clubs to be determined on appointment)
35 Hours per Week
This position will be required to undertake regular travel in the areas identified, including some overnight stays including occasional evening and weekend working.
£30,000 + benefits package
Reporting to the Safeguarding Manager, The Safeguarding Officer will be responsible for ensuring that EFL Clubs meet and exceed Safeguarding requirements, as detailed through the EFL Safeguarding Standards. As the first point of contact, Safeguarding Officers will support EFL Clubs in all aspects of Safeguarding Compliance.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following essential requirements;
- Qualification in an appropriate field (e.g. youth work, social care, education) is required.
- Experience of developing, managing and / or implementing policies and procedures in relation to the safety and welfare of young people and vulnerable adults.
- To influence, advise and support staff on safeguarding issues.
- Knowledge of Health and Safety issues, and statutory and other guidance on youth and vulnerable groups.
- Knowledge of best practice and Statutory Regulation impacting on the protection of young people and vulnerable groups.
- Demonstrate a strong conviction regarding the need to safeguard young people and vulnerable groups.
- The ability to exercise the highest standards of confidentiality and to work sensitively with those affected by issues of safeguarding.
- The ability to analyse complex situations, make decisions and advise appropriately.
- The ability to identify examples of poor practice and ensure that necessary change is implemented.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills including written, verbal, and presentation skills in a professional setting.
- Practical experience of planning and delivering workshops, training events, network events and supporting knowledge sharing with a range of stakeholders.
- Proven planning and organisation skills with excellent attention to detail.
- Examples of self-motivation and the ability to work on own initiative as well as part of a team.
- To keep abreast of relevant legislation, policy and recognised good practice and disseminate these as appropriate.
This post requires an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Criminal Records Check (CRC). Applicants will be asked about any previous convictions, cautions, reprimands that are not “protected” as defined by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (as amended in 2013)
The EFL is committed to creating an inclusive and diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, religion or belief(s), gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, age or with regards to pregnancy or maternity.
For a full job description and application form, please visit www.efl.com. Completed application forms should be returned to email@example.com.
Closing Date: 5pm, Friday 6th April 2018.
Interview Date: TBC