Youth Work Manager
Youth Work Manager
Location: One YMCA, Watford, Herts WD17 2RT
Hours: Full Time- 37.5 hours per week
Salary: Circa £33,682 per annum
Think you could lead a team that is making a difference to the lives of thousands of young people across Hertfordshire?
YMCA is looking for an outstanding Youth Work Manager to lead our countywide youth work team.
YMCA continuously seeks to develop our youth and community activities, ensuring that our various services work in an integrated and responsive way, including general youth work, project activities, outreach and mentoring.
The Youth Work Manager will need to draw on their practical experience of delivering a range of youth work activities, to coach, train and inspire your team, as well as support session delivery when needed. You will be up to the challenge of reporting on our existing funding and building on our existing and new partnerships. You will oversee the quality and compliance of the youth work department, as well as securing funding for our core work and the innovative new projects you will be developing.
As Hertfordshire’s biggest charity you will have the opportunity to contribute to the broader strategy of developing the YMCA in supporting people to belong, contribute and thrive in their communities.
The key elements of the role are to:
- Support the Chief Executive Officer in setting the strategic direction of YMCA’s generic work with young people that reflects the Strategy for Youth Work
- Operational management responsibility for the delivery of a range of youth work activities within assigned areas
- Work in partnership with senior colleagues to ensure alignment and integration of approaches and activities for working with young people as they progress through YMCA services, including monitoring and evaluating YMCA impact
- Develop and work in partnership with other agencies as directed, including contributing to tenders and bids, relationship building, and operational delivery
- Actively research, design and draft funding bids to a range of grant-giving bodies
To Apply, Please click 'Apply' to complete the application form on our website.
A full job description can be downloaded from the 'Supporting Documents' section below.
For further information please contact HR on 01923 353 610
Closing Date: Midnight Sunday 25th March 2018
Interview Date TBC