Play Assistant (Part-Time / Seasonal)
Our client is looking to recruit a Play Assistant to support the day-to-day operational running of their indoor play area for their best ever summer season. The successful candidate will contribute to the overall impression and experience of the indoor play facility, including the play area, and birthday party offer, to exceed visitor expectations.
Play Assistant (Part-Time / Seasonal)
Location: Nr Dunstable, LU6
Level: Play Assistant / Leader
Position Type: Seasonal, Part-Time
Salary: £7.83 per hour, inclusive of allowances
Our client, a charity founded in 1826, is a world-renowned centre of excellence for conservation science and applied conservation. Their mission is to promote and achieve the worldwide conservation of animals and their habitats. This is realised by carrying out field conservation and research in over 50 countries across the globe and through education and awareness-raising at their two zoos, inspiring people to take conservation action.
This position will report directly to the Deputy Play Supervisor and will work alongside the permanent Play Leaders. As a result, they need energetic, fast thinkers with bags of fun and enthusiasm to help deliver the best possible experience for our client's visitors.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that visitors of all ages in the indoor play are safe and secure at all times.
- Assist the Senior Play Supervisor, Deputy Supervisor and Permanent Play Assistants to ensure the efficient running of the play facility at all times and the reception area where visitors are welcomed and checked in.
- Ensure that equipment and facilities available in the indoor play area are kept clean and in accordance with health and safety regulations; and are used in an appropriate way.
- Attend to individual children’s and other visitors needs as they arise and ensure exemplary customer service at all times.
- Ensure visitor satisfaction score targets are met or exceeded and respond to customer feedback to continually improve the visitor experience.
- Sometimes it may be necessary to limit the amount of visitors in the play centre and therefore, with management from the Senior Play Supervisor or Deputy Supervisor the Seasonal Play Assistant, should manage this system of limiting play usage with the use of timed sessions and ensure excellent visitor communication and customer service at all times.
- Carry out any other duties within the scope of the post. Flexible attitude to working requirements to meet the needs of the organisation.
Although experience matters to the employer, they are more focused on getting the right person for the role. As a result, below is a guide on what they are looking for in potential applicants:
- Able to remain positive and enthusiastic with a can-do attitude
- Good interpersonal skills in order to communicate effectively with children, parents and the play area team
- Able to have fun whilst remaining professional and approachable
- Experience working within a similar environment would be desirable
- A creative flare and an interest in face painting
- Experience working in a fast paced environment with a helpful and flexible attitude
- Able to demonstrate great customer service skills
- Team orientated and able to demonstrate a real desire to make a positive difference
- Prior experience handling cash and processing card payments
- NVQ Level 1 qualification in child care or Playwork would be advantageous, but not essential
Please note: As mentioned in the job title this is a Seasonal, Part-time (but will involve weekend working) contract and will cover the following period (March – Sept).
Closing date for applications: Midnight Sunday 25th February 2018
To find out more information and apply for this position, please click the apply button. You will be taken to a simple CHM Recruit form and then redirected to the employer’s website.
Our client is committed to the principle of equal opportunities in employment.
No agencies please.