Head of Service - Mental Health
This is an exciting opportunity to strategically lead the ongoing delivery, evaluation and sustainable planning of a really innovative early intervention adolescent mental health service which is attracting national attention.
Head of Service - HeadStart
Location: East Ham, London E6
Salary: £55 - 68K
Working Hours: Full Time
About the Employer
Our client's programme is an innovative Big Lottery funded service which supports thousands of adolescents with emerging mental health difficulties and their surrounding teachers and parents in Newham, an exciting, culturally diverse part of London. The service is delivered by youth workers, teachers, psychologists, community organisations, adolescent and parent peer mentors.
The service supports its target population of young people directly with targeted evidence based activities, a number of online based activities and a menu of exciting community based creative and sports activities. Additionally it supports the schools and parents around these young people to support them.
Over the last two years the service has grown from a number of small pilot projects to working with 60 schools and in multiple community settings across the borough. In the context of significant national policy focus on children’s mental health, their service and its robust approach to delivery and evaluation is receiving significant political interest.
About the role
This will involve the leadership of:
- A high functioning middle leadership team to deliver a complex set of interlinked interventions;
- The marketing and robust evaluation of the service;
- Strategic development of the service in response to feedback and evaluation findings;
- Commercial planning for the local and regional sustainable delivery of the service including the potential to develop into an independent social enterprise.
This is a demanding role and they are looking for an exceptional individual who can lead, motivate and inspire confidence and enthusiasm across your middle leadership team and wider employees.
- Have superb programme management experience and be able to support your team to implement a complex ambitious programme.
- Be effective at building strong relationships with external partners, commissioners and funders and be able to advocate effectively for your service.
- Have strong business acumen supported by sound analytical skills.
- Be confident using data and evaluation findings to drive service improvement.
- Be entrepreneurial and have the passion, ability and prior experience required to drive through service development and new initiatives.
They would very much welcome applications from dynamic individuals with transferable skills from different backgrounds including the civil service, the private and voluntary sector.
Closing date: 4th January 2018
Long listed candidates will be invited to complete a short online psychometric test and attend for an assessment centre on Wed 10th January. Successful candidates will then be invited for a final round interview on Mon 15th January.
You will need to be able to start by mid February.
Please focus your application covering letter on how you meet the knowledge and experience criteria in the person specification.
To find out more information and apply for this position, please click the apply button. You will be taken to a simple CHM Recruit form and then redirected to the employer’s website.
No agencies please.