Young Peoples Engagement Officer/Independent Supporter
Young People Engagement Officer / Independent Supporter
Fixed term post until 31st March 2018
Salary: £15,450 pro rata per annum
Hours: Full Time
Region: West Midlands
Core Assets Children’s Services are looking to recruit a Young Peoples Engagement Officer/ Independent Support Worker to cover the West Midlands area. An opportunity to work on a project to support families of children and young people with special educational needs and disabilities. The project is funded by the DfE and commissioned by the Council for Disabled Children.
The main duties of this role will be to represent Core Assets Children’s Services in providing an outstanding level of Independent Support to families and young people progressing through the SEN reforms. Our team of Independent Supporters provide a flexible and responsive service to support families of children and young people with SEN to navigate their way through the SEN Reforms. This can involve supporting families to apply for a new EHCP Assessment or support with a transfer from a Statement of SEN to an Education , Health and Care Plan – offering information and support via a combination of 1:1 meetings, telephone and email, in the family home, in school or community venues.
You will be expected to provide a service which promotes equality, diversity and rights for children/young people with SEN.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Experience of working directly with families and children/young people with SEN and disabilities (e.g. teaching support, youth work or equivalent) Experience gained in either a personal or professional capacity
- Ability to communicate clearly and sensitively, including excellent listening skills, with young people and adults
- Knowledge of the roles of other agencies, how other agencies work and which is available local and nationally
- A full and valid driving licence
- Ability and willingness to travel extensively on a variety of road systems
- Ability to work flexibly
Please note that CVS will not be accepted.
Core Children’s Services is committed to equality in the workplace and is an Equal Opportunities employer. We reserve the right to withdraw this advert without notification. The successful applicant will be subject to a DBS check at enhanced level if successful for the position. We reserve the right to withdraw this advert without notification. Please be aware we do not work with Recruitment Agencies.